The British Chamber of Commerce in China is a leading membership organisation for British businesses in China focused on boosting UK-China trade and investment. We operate as an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a strong and diverse membership. With over two decades’ worth of business experience in China, we provide intelligence, advice, and networking opportunities for our members, helping their business grow in one of the world’s fastest-growing markets.
The British Chamber of Commerce in China is currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Intern in our Beijing Office. The successful candidate for this position will be working under the Marketing and Communications Manager on a range of projects designed to boost the profile of the Chamber and better engage with members. This position is ideal for any soon-to-graduate, or recent graduate who is interested in developing a career in international business.
- Assisting in the management of the Chamber’s social media, mailing and online presence.
- Managing a database of the membership of the Chamber.
- Assisting in the development of both written and visual content.
- Assist the Chamber supporting events and other office tasks.
- Basic editing.
- Degree in communications, marketing, media or related discipline.
- Familiarity with China-UK relations, particularly issues affecting the bilateral business and trade relations.
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing in English.
- Able to commit at least 3 days per week.
- Detail oriented.
- Mandarin skills a plus, but not essential.
- Experience developing graphic content highly regarded.
Interested applicants should send a recent resume and cover letter explaining the skills and experiences that they plan to bring to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘BritCham Marketing Intern’.