Headquartered in Hong Kong and with a key focus on Greater China, ArcOn Brands is an established brand management and consultancy company that works with a select portfolio of clients. Our expertise includes market entry strategy, brand launch and management, post-launch service support, as well as full operational control.
We prepare our clients with in-depth market analysis, as well as a highly detailed, business development and market entry plan to ensure nothing but success. Our experienced and diverse management team provides access, brand activation and work with only the best partners in the region. Further to this, we also offer brands the opportunity to enter Mainland China’s eCommerce market – already the world’s largest digital market.
To date, we have been appointed brand management partner for some of Britain’s most compelling luxury and lifestyle brands, such as Varley, Bremont Watches, Charbonnel et Walker and Fortnum & Mason.
For more information please visit, www.arconbrands.com
ArcOn Brands are looking for an enthusiastic and driven China Marketing Manager with a proven record in driving a successful and innovative brand strategy for China.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of our management team, responsible for market entry planning and brand management for a new-to-market, apparel brand launching into China. Brand launch will initially be online, then followed by wholesale and brand collaboration and wholesale partners. Physical store locations will be part of the second stage of brand development. You will be responsible for managing the marketing strategy in China, as well as the day-to-day management of the brand. You will need to maintain an excellent relationship with the client and be 100% focused on delivering the client goals.
Experience in and knowledge of the digital and e-commerce market places is essential. Your role will be to develop and refine:
- Brand & content strategy: based on Varley’s core brand DNA and current marketing content,
identify key outstation marketing activations required during brand seeding stage (next 6 months). Confirm optimal investment required and present KPI’s relating to marketing (e.g., how many subscribers do we have during seeding) that will provide clear road map in advance of full brand launch. You will work with the Varley team to ensure the lessons learnt at a Global level on digital marketing can be best brought to life in China and therefore improve the return on marketing investment proposed.
- Product strategy: continue the work to ensure that Varley have a fully developed Asia fit in time for launch
- Budget: develop an actionable marketing plan and budget
Though the initial focus will be one brand, there will be future opportunity to work on multiple brands.
Successful candidates will ideally have a background in the fashion retail market in China.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
- Market Entry and Brand Management (Client)
- Product Development
- Work with UK team on development of an “Asia fit”
- Understand the current Varley global range calendar – define what the range will be for China and what products we will be pushing in the marketing calendar
- Work out inventory and supply chain requirements with the Varley existing team –this will involve assessing closely sales projections
- Manage and provide guidance on new product development, pricing and new product launches
- Brand & Marketing Content – Plan Development (“Stage 1”)
- Understand the UK brand positioning, marketing calendar and content approach, as well as brand metrics for tracking CPA and return on advertising spend
- Develop a China marketing calendar and content approach – plan out imagery/content – types of models, who shoots what, what type of content
- Build a robust marketing budget for what is required to establish the brand in market, across both “in-station” and “out-station” marketing
- Identify, assess, and select an outstation marketing agency – work with them to define the KPIs (e.g., followers, subscribers), data and dashboards, and comms channels
- Map out the ways of working, organization, and expectations of different parties –
important for all parties to have clarity on their expectations and time required
- Define whether to go ahead with market research scope and budget to cover i. Name ii. Asia fit Brand positioning (if not confirm these internally)
- Brand & Marketing – Optimisation (“Stage 2”)
- Have a clear framework set up (dashboard, ways of working) for review of marketing investments so that they can be easily understood and scaled up/down
- Ensure revenue targets are met whilst tracking trajectory towards long term goals
- Sales Channel Development – focus on Tmall Global set up so that we can capture digital sales
- Continue with TP selection process – ensure that we focus on KPIs related to marketing as identified above, as well as sales conversion
- Work to ensure that the TP and digital marketing agency (if separate) have 1 clear brand and marketing approach for launch
- Clear plan for transfer of Tmall Global
- Continue existing strategic wholesale conversations that will support with brand positioning g., Lane Crawford, Rosewood, Caelum Greene
- Financial Planning
- Subject to marketing plan, revise and develop the business plan – work closely with Varley so that they understand the variables within this
- Analyze and report on brand content, localization, and market entry strategy
- Manage the project timeline to ensure that all the deadlines and deliverables are achieved – client is focused on quality outputs, so communication is key
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the client and be 100% focused on delivering the client goals
- Support the establishment of team structure that will allow for brand launch and business development across relevant markets
- Work closely with internal and external partners including marketing, operations, and sales
- Available immediately
- 5+ years in China marketing focused on digital channels and managing digital agencies
- Ideally eCommerce experience, including managing trade partners
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Strong brand awareness and clear understanding of marketing mix
- Excellent and PowerPoint presentation and written skills
- Strong customer centric approach with excellent relationship management, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong project management experience
- Self-motivated, detail-minded, well-organized with a focus on results
WHAT YOU GET
- Full-time role
- Flexible working environment
- Bonus and Incentive plans
- Salary Range: RMB 40,000 – 80,000 per month (Depending on experience)
- Location flexible but ideally China based