Schwarzman Scholars at Tsinghua University was inspired by the Rhodes scholarship, which was founded in 1902 to promote international understanding and peace, and is designed to meet the challenges of the 21st century and beyond. Blackstone Co-Founder Stephen A. Schwarzman made personal contribution to the program and is leading a fundraising campaign from private sources to endow the program in perpetuity. The endowment will support up to 200 scholars annually from the U.S., China and around the world for a one-year Master’s Degree program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of China’s most prestigious universities and an indispensable base for the country’s scientific and technological research. Scholars chosen for this highly selective program will live in Beijing for a year of study and cultural immersion, attending lectures, traveling, and developing a better understanding of China. Admissions opened in the fall of 2015, with the first class of students in residence in 2016. For more information, please visit: www.sc.tsinghua.edu.cn
To support the development of Schwarzman Scholars at Tsinghua University which was officially launched on April 21st, 2013, the University is now seeking for most qualified people for the relevant positions. You are cordially invited to join us to work for such a high profile college, which provides infinite opportunities of self-development. If you are self-starters, highly driven, passionate about education, and eager to challenge yourself in a startup institute, please now apply for the positions as below:
Position Name: Admissions Officer
Hiring Number: 2
Salary & Benefit: Tsinghua Contract Terms of Appointment
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist with the whole process of admissions work for the Schwarzman Scholars Program;
2. Assist with admissions related events, develop and database of potential applications and follow up in appropriate manners;
3. Responsible for telephone and email correspondence with potential applicants;
4. Arrange full interview process with chosen applicants, preparing and sending offer letters and assisting actual enrollment in the program;
5. Provide support and coordination with different teams as needed;
6. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required; proficient in written and spoken English;
2. Minimum 2 years’ experience of working for admission, sales or marketing;
3. Proficient in office software, including WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT;
4. Clear sense on the daily work;
5. Good skill of communication and cooperation;
6. Competent to handle the temporary task from the project leaders.
Send your resume in bilingual language (English and Chinese) by email to email@example.com
Position Name: Program Assistant Department: Student Life Hiring Number: 1 Salary & Benefit: Tsinghua Contract Terms of Appointment
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean, including data entry, submitting documents, scheduling meetings, reading documents in Chinese and summarizing, etc.
2. Work with the Deep Dive team on coordinating and documenting travel logistics;
3. Provide administrative support for various Student Life areas (career services, Deep Dive, PTP, etc.)
4. Assist with logistics for various events such as ceremonies, receptions, guest speakers, field trips, etc.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum of 2 years’ work similar work experience (some accounting/finance experience preferred)
3. High level English and native Chinese, including exceptional written and oral communication skills.
4. Competence with software including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., and the ability to learn how to use new software and databases (ability to use graphic design software is a bonus)
5. A willingness and ability to work flexible hours and do all types of work, including physical/manual tasks, due to time zone differences and the nature of student life work.
6. Excellent organizational, and time management skills, with a strong ability to juggle multiple projects.
1. send your resume and cover letter (in English) detailing your interest and how you meet the qualifications above.
2. Send by email to: Melanie.firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com