China Policy is a globally recognised policy analysis and strategic advisory firm headquartered in Beijing. We build client knowledge and provide tools to map, analyse and respond to China’s changing domestic policy and market environments.
We are currently seeking a full-time analyst to work in our agriculture and fisheries portfolio. This position would best suit a Chinese native speaker with an organised analytical approach, strong written English, an agricultural economics or rural development background, and a dedication to building knowledge in the agriculture sector. Previous experience not strictly necessary, but demonstrated personal interest in the agricultural production industry, food systems issues, commodities trade, and/or rural development is required.
For the right candidate, we may consider a half-time engagement or a remote role.
- analyse policy movement across the agriculture and fisheries sector
- summarise and translate policy-relevant articles from Chinese to English
- draft policy analysis
- develop people and agency profiles
- assist research managers with portfolio tasks
- help develop clients and tailor analysis to their needs
- present findings to clients and colleagues
knowledge and skills
- academic qualifications at BA or MA level
- professional standard English, excellent writing skills
- native or near-native Chinese
- intellectual curiosity, taste for topics where few are knowledgeable
- singular attention to detail and clear communicator
- flexible, independent, and proactive work style
- commitment to deadlines
- candidates with academic background or personal passion for the agriculture industry will have a strong advantage
- quantitative skills an advantage
Please apply on the China Policy website careers page. You will need to submit a CV and complete a short assessment exercise.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com