China Policy is a globally-recognised policy analysis and strategic advisory firm headquartered in Beijing. We build client knowledge and provide tools to map, analyse and respond to China’s changing domestic and market environments.
We are currently seeking a full-time analyst to work in our finance portfolio. As part of a team, analysts drive the analytical base of a portfolio, tracking and mapping policy developments and commentary, drafting in clear English, and preparing reports. Staff in the finance portfolio work closely with members of other portfolios. Topics that the portfolio watches closely include: monetary and fiscal policies, shadow banking, asset management universe, real estate, debt, fintech, RMB internationalisation and currency regime.
● keep abreast of domestic debates; signal events; trends; and key actors and agencies
● analyse and assess policy movement across the sector
● summarise and translate policy-relevant articles from Chinese to English
● draft policy analysis
● develop people and agency profiles
● contribute, where appropriate, to other China Policy analysis tasks
● help develop clients and tailor analysis to their needs
● assist research managers with portfolio tasks
knowledge and skills
● outstanding academic achievement at least MA level
● understanding of China’s policy environment
● native-level Chinese
● professional standard English (with strong writing skills)
● curiosity-driven with a keenness to learn
● quantitative skills an advantage
● eye for detail and clear communicator
● ability to deliver work to tight deadlines
● flexible and able to take initiative
● willingness to work overtime
Please apply via our official website http://policycn.com/careers/ where you will find an application exercise.