Bremont is a leading luxury British watch company producing beautifully engineered mechanical watches at their state of the art Manufacturing and Technology Center “The Wing” in Henley on Thames, England
Founded 2002, when Nick and Giles English, Co-Founders, embarked on a journey to make beautifully crafted pilot’s watches of exceptional quality. Driven by the desire to play their part in reviving the British watch industry and build a globally recognized luxury brand.
Bremont is global business operating its own boutiques and a wholesale network across the world with its own manufacturing center based in the UK. As we grow the business we look to invest in the right talent to enable us to achieve our goals.
Description of the role职位描述:
There is huge opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join our boutique network, participating in the next stage of the brand’s development, and increasing sales, customer relations and awareness, in line with the company’s growth plans.
Responsibilities are to ensure the smooth day to day running of the boutique, delivering the highest level of customer service and satisfaction, while aiming to ensure the sales budgets are achieved both in terms of revenue and costings. The Boutique Manager will also look to seek new clients and increase the customer database, through networking, boutique events and working with local businesses in the area.
In addition to the responsibilities, the Boutique Manager must exude a passion for Bremont and be always a true brand ambassador, but particularly at key events and presentations.
- Develop and maintain high-level key customer relationships to increase sales opportunities and satisfy customer.
- Strive to achieve monthly and quarterly budgets and targets, create a strategic plan to secure that financial goals are met.
- Put forward marketing initiatives to drive awareness, footfall, and sales.
- Responsible for punctuality to ensure the boutique runs efficiently.
- Continually monitor, identify any underperformance issues.
- Ensure compliance for GDPR Data protection requirements and adhere to maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information held.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts including evenings and weekends. Provide support at other Boutiques when required.
- Ensure events run smoothly by assisting with set up and take down, meet, and greet guests and find opportunity to connect with the object in building a client profile and sales.
- Receive and distribute service/repair watches – liaise with Customer Service team to ensure customers are given great customer service and follow up throughout this process.
- Take pride in the boutique with visual standards and ensuring the boutique is in perfect condition to match the quality of our product.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of all the customers and employees whilst on store premises.
- Support other colleagues by working as part of a Bremont team.
- Creating a process of the deliveries of stock and ensuring that security is always a priority.
- Responsible for ensuring weekly stock take are processed and investigating any discrepancies immediately.
- Good leadership skills and has the ethos to “lead by example”.
- A hard working and reliable attitude
- Effective merchandising skills and attention to detail
- 4 -5 years minimum luxury watch and jewelry retail experience
- Strong grasp of both mainstream and niche watch brands
- Independently motivated along with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and motivate a team and work collaboratively with all areas of the business.
- Excellent presentation and written skills
- Extensive IT skills, with experience in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (minimum intermediate Excel)
Applicants are requested to send their motivation letter, CV, and expected annual salary to Jacquelyn Li email@example.com