The Melchers China organization is a member of the globally operating Melchers Group. Founded in 1806 and headquartered in Bremen, Germany, C. Melchers GmbH & Co. KG is privately-owned established its first Asian branch in 1866 in Hong Kong. The company is engaged in doing business in Asia ever since.
Among other business lines, Melchers is the selected partner of selected, well-known international luxury and premium consumer brands in Greater China and Asia for which Melchers manages and operates the entire marketing, sales and after-sales service operations.
Recently, Melchers has partnered with NORQAIN, a fully independent, family-owned Swiss watch company from the heart of the Swiss watch industry. The timepieces are exclusively mechanical automatic watches. Every timepiece is handcrafted with unconditional attention to detail. The brand and products are driven by the excitement that comes with exploring the road less traveled. Being a Norqainer means going through life with an open mind and a spirit of passion. The perfect imperfections make a Norqainer who he is. Independence and the constant search for new personal challenges are deeply rooted values of the employees and customers of the brand.
To lead the preparation and implementation of the launch of the brand in the Chinese market and drive its growth thereafter, we are seeking a Brand Manager – Norqain Watches dual reporting to CEO/Managing Director Melchers China.
- Assess, identify and plan the brand appropriate inroads into the Chinese market, which includes
- building relevant and promising cooperation leads (e.g., media, channels, key opinion leaders, potential customers, digital)
- identifying and engaging with relevant communication and sales channels with a particular focus in the digital space
- developing a strategic market entry and marketing plan for the brand
- Drive the implementation of the agreed market entry and business plan across all relevant channels
- Establish and manage the brand communications, promote awareness and drive consumer engagement, including social commerce activities and social media campaigns
- Build up and expand the team, grow the reach
- Forecast, execute and achieve sales, marketing, profit, and operational goals
- Bachelor’s degree or above in marketing or other related majors
- Minimum 5 years consumer marketing or brand management experience
- Background in retail, E-commerce, or digital marketing
- Passionate pioneer with a proven record of out-of-box thinking who is not afraid of challenging the status quo of the watch industry
- Outgoing personality with a strong customer-oriented mindset and ability to drive appropriate influence and results with key stakeholders
- Enjoying outdoors and sports
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills in both English & Chinese
- Ability to build and manage cross-functional teams and quickly adapt into a matrixed organization with open communication and inspiration
- Capable of multitasking but prioritizing work and working well under pressure
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Embracing learning opportunities and determination for continuous self-improvement
Working at Melchers
We give major importance to mutual respect and tolerance in any relationship regardless of the person or position. Our flat hierarchies allow for quick feedback and access to management. Our low staff turnover reflects our reliability and stability as an employer. In order to drive success, we work with annual objectives for each staff member and operate in an environment of providing feedback and seeking continuous improvement from all teams and employees.
Applicants are requested to send their motivation letter, CV, and expected annual salary to Jacquelyn Li email@example.com