China-Britain Business Council (CBBC)/英中贸易协会
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) is the UK’s leading independent source of China business information, advice, consultancy and services for UK industry.
For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org.
In conjunction with our member organisation, Entertainment One UK Limited, CBBC is currently looking to recruit a candidate for the following position, which will be based in Shanghai.
BRAND PROTECTION COORDINATOR – ENTERTAINMENT ONE UK LIMITED
Salary range: RMB15,000-18,000 p/m (based on experience)
Entertainment One (“eOne”) is a global leader in independent content ownership and distribution. The company’s comprehensive network extends around the globe with established entertainment and distribution divisions in relation to film, TV, music and family brands. eOne currently has offices in Canada, the US, the UK, Spain, Australia, HK and Benelux and is listed on the LSE FTSE250.
Entertainment One’s Family and Brands Division is an exciting, fast growing entertainment company that specialises in the acquisition, production, distribution and licensing of kid’s TV and digital content. Key properties in the Brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig, superhero hit PJ Masks, and the magical Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom, plus a development slate full of shows with strong potential and premium partners attached.
Entertainment One’s Family and Brands has 100+ employees based in London, New York, Toronto, Melbourne, Hong Kong and; Sao Paolo. It is part of the wider Entertainment One Group, a leading international entertainment company with film, TV and music operations across the world. The Entertainment One Group has over 1,300 employees worldwide, with offices in Toronto, London, New York, LA, Madrid, Amsterdam and Sydney.
The role will focus on working closely with the Manager, Brand Protection – China in maximising the impact of our anti-piracy initiatives for our Family Brands in the Chinese market. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to work in brand protection for a major international media company for two of the biggest global pre-school children’s brands.
Communication & Coordination:
- Being the primary point of contact for our licensees and agents on day-to-day brand protection issues, ensuring efficient execution of our brand protection strategy in China.
- Providing regular training to our licensees and agents on our brand protection processes and policies.
- Working with the Manager, Brand Protection – China to continually challenge and improve our current processes to enhance co-operation with partners and stakeholders.
- Regular communication with our London and Hong Kong teams, providing updates and reports on all brand protection related matters across China.
Customs recordal & training:
- Primary responsibility for customs recordal process for copyright / trademarks of eOne’s brands to ensure all IPR is registered in the customs recordal system.
- Ensuring the efficient running of the customs recordal system by liaising daily with customs and our partners.
- Coordinating with Alibaba and other potential partners as relevant, including foreign licensees, to minimize the impact on our brands from cross-border piracy.
Data management & piracy monitoring:
- Collecting and analysing piracy reports, identifying potential actions and monitoring distribution and retail channels to identify new threats
- Monitoring and liaising with leading digital platforms including WeChat, Tencent, IQIYI and YouKu, including notification to platforms and removal of pirated content.
- Efficiently implementing our brand protection program with respect to brands new to the Chinese market
Vendor/supplier communication & coordination:
- Daily communication to our vendors/suppliers, ensuring implementation of our strategies in relation to e-commerce, social media and offline infringement activity.
- Tracking and monitoring ongoing matters with our vendors/suppliers, including establishing and reviewing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), providing relevant documentation and liaising with AIC/PSB as appropriate.
- Confirming invoices provided by vendors and assisting with processing of payment.
- Establishing and maintaining a filing process to ensure all relevant documents/certificates/agreements are saved and are readily accessible for the London and Hong Kong teams
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have previous experience of working in brand protection in China.
- Experience in character merchandising licensing industry a benefit.
- Experience in digital content management a benefit.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property law preferred.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to multitask and hit tight deadlines
- Familiarity with custom recordal process preferred
- Computer literate, adept in use of data analysis tools such as Outlook, Excel, Tableau.
Interested candidates are invited to send a written application letter together with their detailed CV, an indication of expected salary, and relevant supporting certificates to email@example.com by 30/6/2018.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.
- Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.