Essential duties and responsibilities:
As Membership Executive, you will have strong customer service and communication skills, established business knowledge, good organizational skills and a focus on attention to detail. You will be responsible for playing a role in recruiting new members and ensuring established members are given full support with regard to membership engagement and enquiries. As deemed necessary, you will be expected to support other BCCC staff on Membership matters. At times you will be requested to make yourself available to understand the business needs of members. You will also be required to visit appropriate potential and existing members in order to promote the full services that BCCC has to offer.
Your main responsibilities include the following and any other duties that may arise in the course of your work.
- Membership: To build up a good relationship, in particular the Beijing region, with existing members and potential members via day-to-day communications or attending events. To implement the membership strategy of BCCC, focusing on collaboration opportunities that will enhance the value of our offering to members and where appropriate, coordinate between the various departments of BCCC i.e. marketing, events and policy.
- To contribute to membership growth, the Membership Executive will work under the direction of the BCCC Membership Director, with colleagues in other departments in Beijing to develop a pipeline of potential members to ensure seamless communication when conveying the benefits of BCCC
- To retain existing members, the Membership Executive will work closely with the BCCC Membership Director to ensure that we have a good understanding of member needs, and to engage members appropriately to utilize membership benefits and maximize value from their BCCC membership. This will include attending member events or other related events that will support this objective (either on a weekday or a weekend)
- Communication: To work with BCCC marketing in providing good communication links with member clients. This is to be achieved by communicating and sharing member’s marketing content i.e. member events, news and thought leadership articles with BCCC marketing to be promoted via BCCC marketing channels. Your daily work in this regard includes coordinating information collection from members for the BCCC weekly e.newsletter, website, WeChat and other marketing channels
- BCCC Enquiries: To answer enquiries from members, potential members and the general public regarding BCCC membership matters
- Events and Activities: The Membership Executive will work closely with the BCCC Events manager to coordinate between members who are interested in co-organizing events with BCCC, contributing event ideas or supporting event logistics
- Policy and Advocacy : To support the Policy team where necessary by providing member details or sharing membership information to support policy work
- Collaboration Opportunities: To always be on the lookout for partnership opportunities that may benefit members/BCCC and to develop strategic links that will add value to BCCC membership offering/members whilst communicating these opportunities to the wider BCCC team as indicated by the BCCC Membership Director
- Data analysis: To provide weekly membership report and monthly analysis report to BCCC EXCO and BCCC Membership Director
The ideal candidate will be energetic, curious, highly motivated with a great personality, sociable and personable, IT literate, an excellent organiser and communicator, an active listener and a team player with a proven ability to work independently. Specific requirements for the role are as follows:
- Fluent written and spoken Chinese and English
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills with a proactive attitude towards problem solving;
- Membership organisation experience is desirable;
- Willing to face clients and answer their inquiries;
- Ability to adapt to changes and respond quickly/positively;
- At least 1-3 years’ working experience in an international environment;
- Business development and Sales experience is desirable;
- Ability to analyse data, identify and manage risks;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Bachelor’s degree or above;
- Self-motivated and open-minded
How to apply?
Please e-mail your CV and Cover Letter to Managing Director Steven Lynch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the application is Thursday 31st October 2019.