About Brunswick Group
Brunswick is a strategic advisory firm focused on critical issues. Our purpose is to help the great value-creating organizations of the world play a more successful role in society. We advise on critical issues at the center of business, politics and society, and help our clients – the leaders of large, complex organizations – understand and navigate these interconnected worlds. Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit center. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Founded in London in 1987, Brunswick’s global partnership has grown organically to 28 offices in 18 countries. We began as a M&A and financial communications firm and, over time, expanded our capabilities and expertise to crisis communications and communications on other business critical issues. We invested in new offices, practice groups and a wider variety of offers for clients such as public and regulatory affairs, major litigation, business and society, cyber, employee engagement and digital. We rank number 1 in the world over the last five years by global deal value and global deal volume and were named Band 1 advisors in the U.S. and the UK earlier this year by Chambers and Partners, the legal rankings service, as one of the very top communications firms offering legal and litigation support work.
Our Chairman is Sir Alan Parker, based in London and our CEO is Neal Wolin, based in Washington, D.C.
We have 6 established offices in Asia-Pacific which are Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, and Tokyo.
Brunswick Asia-Pacific Strategic Communications Programme
We value the discovery and development of next generation talent, and we are committed to providing diverse opportunities and a workplace culture that empowers young professionals to grow their careers with Brunswick. Our Strategic Communications Programme is carefully designed with this purpose in mind.
The Strategic Communications Programme is a structured 12-month programme centred on the below 4 Core Pillars that underscore the essential skills and knowledge required at Brunswick. There will be on-the-job coaching, training sessions and real-life work experiences provided across each of the pillars to ensure a robust focus on building skills for success.
The 4 Core Pillars are –
• Research and Analysis
• Execution and Management Skills
• Understanding Brunswick – Business, People and Culture
Each Account Coordinator will receive frequent feedback and mentoring throughout the 12-month programme and will have dedicated opportunities provided to engage and learn from the Directors and Partners within our region. Post completion of the Strategic Communications Programme, Account Coordinators who display exceptional performance and potential will progress their career at Brunswick.
Work Responsibilities of an Account Coordinator may include but are not limited to:
• Develop media expertise and support client teams on news analysis and producing media coverage reports.
• Maintain awareness of top news and issues associated with client accounts and share trending news and information with team members.
• Conduct research for new business pitches, industry/market trends updates, corporate transactions, investor relations, corporate reputations, public affairs, and many more.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions and assist in the development of client advisory documents and communications collateral.
• Provide essential administrative and logistics support for day-to-day running of accounts teams.
• Commence building internal and external networks amongst teams, media and clients.
• Opportunity to be involved with Brunswick specialism workstreams (Arts, Digital, Insight etc.)
What Our Programme Offers:
• Structured 12-month programme – equipping you with core skills, knowledge and practical experiences to succeed at Brunswick.
• Real, All-round Experience – practical, hand-on tasks in media monitoring, research and client engagement, with exposure to a variety of teams and mandates.
• Regional and Global Connections – working with colleagues across 28 offices and supporting clients who face complex, international challenges.
• World Class Professionals – working alongside some of the world’s most experienced critical issues advisors.
• Career Progression – Clear, promising promotion path for high-performing and potential Account Coordinators.
• University graduates with less than 2 years of relevant professional experience
• Outstanding writing and communication skills in both English and Chinese
• Keen interest in current affairs and a strong business acumen
• Keen interest in public relations, communications and business advisory
• High attention to detail, a knack for reading between the lines and noticing nuances
• Proactive, reliable and courteous with strong organization skills
• Ability to absorb and summarize complex information, and present them in clear and concise manner
• Ability to analyse information and situations and develop a point of view
• An agile mindset who craves new knowledge and thrives in a fast, fluid environment
• Awareness to the concept of managing multiple stakeholders in our work
• Respectful to diverse points of view and working styles
Ready To Apply?
Step 1: Please submit your application via the link below no later than 18 December 2022 (Sunday).
Step 2: Attend one of our online information sessions held in December, where our programme manager and interview panel will provide useful information on our programme and selection. Attendance is required and missing this may result in your application not being considered. After reviewing your application, we will contact you to register for the session.
Step 3: Selection Process, comprised of written assessment and interviews, begins in December-January.
If you have any questions about our programme and application, please direct your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is only for queries – any applications sent to this email address will NOT be reviewed.