On the 8th of September, CBBC Wuhan organised a dialogue with Wuhan government and various government departments. 16 UK organisations and CBBC members attended the dialogue, including CBBC, BCG Wuhan, ACCA, Arup, BP, BMC Group, Deloitte, Choc Edge, GDK Healthcare, Globaltech IP, Grant Thornton, Let’s Travel, Madame Tussauds/Merlin Entertainment Group, Standard Chartered Bank, Zhonglun Law Firm, and Ulink Group. 9 government departments from Wuhan attended the dialogue and provided presentations on many of the projects that they are undertaking as well as responding to questions asked by UK companies.
Some of the attendees for the event included:
- Jeff Astle, Executive Director, CBBC
- Madame Xu Honglan, Vice Mayor, Wuhan Municipal People’s Government
- Mr Dong Guangli, Vice Secretary-General, Wuhan Municipal People’s Government
- Mr Nick Whittingham, British Consular General, WuhaN
- Mr Chris Butland, Consul (Trade & Investment), British Consulate Wuhan
Departments from Wuhan include:
- Wuhan Municipal Development and Reform Commission
- Wuhan Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology
- Wuhan Financial Bureau
- Wuhan Metropolis Urban & Rural Construction Committee
- Wuhan Land Resources and Planning Bureau
- Wuhan Investment Promotion Bureau
- Foreign Affairs Office of Wuhan Municipal People’s Government
- China（Hubei）Pilot Free Trade Zone Wuhan Area Office
- Wuhan Talent Recruitment Bureau
Vice Mayor Xu Honglan gave opening remarks that emphasized the key development opportunities in Wuhan, and expressed the hope that UK companies could participate more in Wuhan.
Departments introduced major strategies in Wuhan: Yangtze River New Town and Axis, China (Hubei) Free Trade Pilot Zone Wuhan Area, and Made in China 2025 Pilot Demonstration City.
Wuhan Shui On Tiandi Property Development Co., Ltd gave a presentation on their developments in Wuhan and collaboration with UK companies.
UK company representatives from ACCA, Arup, Deloitte, SCB briefly introduced their developments in Wuhan and future strategies.
Nick Whittingham moderated the Q&A session, when Wuhan departments responded to questions from UK companies
News media that was in attendance included organisations such as Changjiang Daily, People.cn, cnhan.com, Wuhan Morning News, Wuhan Evening News, Sina News (http://news.sina.com.cn/c/2017-09-09/doc-ifykuftz5580164.shtml)
After the dialogue with Wuhan government, CBBC Wuhan also organised a British Business Briefing session. CBBC and BCG colleagues gave an overview of the key areas and projects for 2017/18, and ACCA shared “7 quotients for future business leader”, based on their recent research.
During the afternoon of the 8th of September Jeff Astle attended the “Investment Promotion Conference for Fortune Global 500 and World-renowned Foreign Companies” hosted by the Wuhan government.
At the conference, Wuhan Party Secretary Chen Yixin gave a keynote speech and described a big picture of Wuhan in the upcoming years.
Jeff gave a presentation and stressed the strengths of UK in the advanced manufacturing sector, and expressed an interest of helping more UK companies to grow their business in Wuhan.
Jeff was awarded a letter of Appointment for Wuhan Investment Promotion Ambassador.