The Computer Network Information Center (CNIC) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) has a long history of providing network, computing and data services to the research community and science outreach services to the public. Our social media accounts offer unique, informative, and entertaining sci-tech content for a global audience.
Now, they are looking for 1 native English-speaking copy editor to help them improve the art of linguistic expression.
- Firm grasp of scientific terminology, interested in science.
- Strong ability to edit, proofread and polish English articles for social media accounts.
- Work with Chinese editors and reporters in covering major events.
- Keep up to date with significant trends and news on mainstream and social media overseas.
- Part-time/Freelance: Anywhere, you can do it online.
- Payment: 300 RMB for each article not exceeding 500 words; 500 RMB for each article not exceeding 700 words; 700 RMB for articles with words over 700 words and not exceeding 1,000 words; for articles with more than 1,000 words, each of them would be broken up into several articles that suit the above-agreed standard. All the fees mentioned above are after tax.
- Native or native-like fluency in English, and under the age of 50.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree holders: a minimum of two years of work experience in news reporting and/or editing is a must. Graduate degree holders: Education background preferably in literature, journalism, media, communications, cultural studies, science, or related fields.
- With a good command of Chinese and/or being able to translate from Chinese is strongly preferred.
- Video reporting and editing skills are a plus.
- Keen interest in and solid knowledge of science.
- Responsible and committed team player.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please send your resume and a brief introductory email to: email@example.com