COMMERCIAL OFFICER – ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
GREATER CHINA CUSTOMER TEAM
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as a Commercial Officer – Account Management within the Civil Aerospace Customer Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the contractual and commercial arrangements across a range of airlines in the Greater China region. The role will be based in the Greater China Customer Service Centre, Beijing.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we’re putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry – and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we’re keeping the world flying.
Key accountabilities of the role are:
- Support Commercial Manager/Officers in the resolution of customer issues, claims and disputes in order to minimize cost and risk to the company.
- Draft, negotiate and agree associated commercial settlements and / or contractual amendments as necessary.
- Manage payment processes with airline customers, including invoicing and payment, credit set-off, debt management
- Support Commercial Manager/Officer to manage profit, cash and debt relating to specific contracts to ensure that financial targets are achieved.
- Ensure delivery of relevant Customer Team objectives in line with Business Plan Deployment, while demonstrating compliance with Commercial function and business policies and procedures.
- Complete business approvals in accordance with applicable business policies and procedures and support customer visits as required.
- Participate, via an Integrated Project Team, improvement projects for both the commercial function and task area.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
- High standard of English communication (written & verbal)
- Well-developed interpersonal, diplomacy, communication, influencing and negotiations skills.
- Orderly and quick in thought, strong ability in analysis and problem solving.
- Highly motivated and capable of working as team player or under own initiative.
- Sound commercial judgement and business acumen.
- Proficient in all aspects of administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & SAP
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we promote and support flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Closing date: Jan 30th, 2021