Responsible for the development of a world-class integrated and coordinated approach to WAB’s communications.
Guidance: WAB Style Guide
Objectives: Development and execution of the WAB messaging plan including the production of newsletters, social media usage and podcasting. Create and coordinate compelling articles and interviews that convey WAB’s core messages.
The Communications and Content Specialist works in the Communications Office. They are responsible to the Marketing, Communications, and Admissions Director.
External: Media organizations/companies
Internal: Communications team, WAB staff, Director of Innovation in Learning and teaching, parents, students
- Develop and coordinate coverage and messaging for WAB stories that showcases the story of WAB to its own community and beyond.
- Manage and oversee WAB Weekly newsletter
- Write, organize, publish, promote content for all platforms including website, WeChat, social, and external media
- Ensure consistent messaging and branding, WAB voice, and timely publication.
- Work with the visual media team to create video news stories and photos
- Continue to host and build WAB’s podcast portfolio to diver deeper into key areas of learning at WAB
- Maintain organized, structured archive of all published content
- Review and edit text for WAB publications, as requested
- Grow and engage WAB’s social networks and media presence.
- Plan the publication calendar and content for WAB social media
- Track and report on WAB’s social media activities and use that data to inform planning
- Ongoing support of the Communications team, as appropriate
- The successful applicant is expected to have the following skills, abilities, knowledge and experience:
- A relevant qualification in communications, journalism, media studies or similar
- Courses related to writing or media studies
- At least five years’ experience working in the communications, publications or media sector, preferably with writing or editing role
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience working across social media platforms
- Some experience in working in education or the non-profit sector an advantage
Skills and abilities:
- Proven ability to speak, read and write English with eloquence and a flair for adaptive writing; able to write easily in different styles and capture the ‘voice’ of the school
- A strong understanding and new ideas on social media usage
- Good computer skills preferably on Mac system
- Flexible approach and willingness to both work and working hours; position will require evening and weekend responsibilities
- Experience in broadcasting or podcasting and production
- Positive interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Positive and dynamic can-do attitude and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students and parents in an intercultural context.
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines, and to multi-task
- Strong planning and self-management skills
- Chinese language an advantage
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, WAB holds itself to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Western Academy of Beijing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Apply at https://www.wab-edu.cn/join/employment/job-openings.