What is the work?
- Understand CRU protocols for naming Chinese companies in Chinese and in English translation.
- Understand CRU protocols on ownership especially for joint ventures.
- Understand CRU policy on permissions and copyright
- Check and propose corrections to our Chinese ownership structures especially of joint ventures and major shareholders using the protocols
- Check our meta data on Chinese assets across all commodities such as geolocation, owner and operator names
- Regular meetings with project managers and experts based in London and Beijing.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Native/bilingual Mandarin Chinese speaker (fluent in reading Chinese websites)
- Good reading and spoken English. Clear written English as bullets for example.
- Someone who can work on a part-time basis for up to six months. The work is very detailed and routine and so probably cannot be done on a full-time basis but we are open to the idea.
- Can work remotely from home but ideally can also come into one of our offices regularly so as to build trust and good communication.
- Organized time management and proactive communication on progress and deadlines
- must have attention to detail and drive
Nice to have
- Prior experience in industry news checking, summarizing, and collection
- Proven aptitude for desk research and Excel (training available)
- An interest in commodity corporate structure
- Familiarity with Baidu Map and other Chinese map apps
- Familiarity with Chinese websites such as Qichacha, Tianyancha, and Aiqicha (helpful websites for locating a specific company)
What kind of person you might be?
- Someone who is intellectually curious and keen to learn about how data is used in business decisions and help in that process
- Someone who is organised, motivated, dedicated and likes to deliver on tasks
- The internship is an opportunity for both parties to get know each other and might lead to further employment. Equally it can work for someone who is studying for a related career and wants to understand data.
Phone: +86 10 5082 8388