We are seeking a Consultant to work as part of the CBBC project team based in Beijing. As a Consultant, you will possess consulting and project management skills, established business knowledge, research and analytical capabilities to help our clients find and deliver optimal business solutions. You should be a confident and energetic team player and also a very strong team leader who is keen to work on a diverse range of trade promotion activities in a fast growing market.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering high quality research and trade services events to UK businesses in China. Experience in the energy, environment and infrastructure sector is desirable.
•The promotion and delivery of UKTI and CBBC services;
• Providing consultation with businesses of all sizes and experience;
• Advising clients on market entry into China and other business strategies;
• Analysing market intelligence on a range of industry sectors;
• Compiling in-depth market reports for clients;
• Identifying business partners and opportunities for British businesses;
• Maintain relationships with government departments and agencies and industry contacts;
• Contribute to the CBBC project teams by developing and sharing knowledge, thought leadership and solutions;
• Coach and assist project team members in capability development;
• Provide leadership and liaison with clients in arranging trade missions and other events specific to your assigned sector; and
• As Consultant, you should be able to manage and implement a project or research independently or can work with other project managers as a team leader.
• Master degree (desirable).
• Excellent written and spoken English (essential).
• At least 7/8 years relevant work experience.
• Passion for business development and excellent client facing skills.
• Self-motivated, with a flexible and entrepreneurial style of working.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Have excellent data processing and IT skills.
• Have good interpersonal skills.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be able to deal with various tasks at once
• Have good project management and organisation skills
• Have strong attention to detail
The job holder will report to Research and Consultancy Director of CBBC China.
Package: Competitive salary, based on qualification and experience
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements together with detailed CV in both English and Chinese, an indication of your current salary to the following email address: Consultantbj2017@cbbc.org.cn
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a covering letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 14th April, 2017.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) helps UK companies grow and develop their business in China, via a network of 11 UK offices and 15 Chinese locations. Our mission is to help UK companies of all sizes and sectors, whether new entrants or established operations, access the full potential of one of the fastest growing markets in the world. We deliver a range of practical services, including advice and consultancy, market research, event management, trade missions and exhibitions, and company set-up. Through 60 years of engagement, we have built up exceptional connections with government and business across China.
CBBC works closely with a range of partners across the UK and China, including the UK Department for International Trade (formerly UKTI). For more information about us, please click HERE to visit our website.