AppInChina is a leading publisher of international software in China, publishing over 300 of the world’s most popular apps and SaaS platforms in the Chinese market.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Consumer Insights Manager with a keen interest in consumer market research and community engagement. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the development and delivery of a major research project seeking to better understand the unmet needs of elderly people on behalf of one of our largest clients: the UK’s National Innovation Centre for Ageing. NICA is a world-leading organization that helps co-develop and bring to market products and services which create a world in which we all live better, for longer.
Your role will involve building a community through liaison with individuals and existing community networks and organisations to facilitate proactively gathering insights from elderly Chinese citizens and relevant stakeholders around their potential needs and innovations to promote healthy ageing, with a particular focus on mobility.
– Developing a program of work to understand elderly Chinese citizens’ needs, gathering insights and facilitating product testing both digitally and through face-to-face workshops
– Providing compliant project management, ensuring adherence to regulations relating to citizen insights research, ensuring effective administrative systems are in place and a robust audit trail to support claims
– Recruiting and retaining participants to become active members of the Citizen Insights China™ network by developing the most appropriate citizen engagement methods and approach
– Developing the UK-China Ageing Innovation ecosystem in particular liaising with our partners and Strategic Advisors in China
– Working with the UK project team to prepare, translate, and deliver reports and presentations as required for internal and external audiences
You’ll be reporting directly to our Operations Manager and working closely with our Compliance Manager and the UK-based project team.
What will you bring to our team?
– Native-level Chinese and professional fluency in English
– Experienced in building and developing strong working relationships with partners, preferably including academic, government or residential committee partners
– Strong analytical, written and communication skills
– Experience actively managing complex projects
– Experience conducting consumer research and familiarity with relevant practical research methodologies
– Experience facilitating workshops and/or focus groups
– Strong track record of analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to produce high-quality reports
– Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, or other information-related majors OR at least 3 years of work experience at a market survey company
– Experience managing/supervising a small team
– Experience working with international teams
– Knowledge and understanding of healthy ageing and longevity
– An exciting entrepreneurial environment within an internationally diverse team at an established, profitable and rapidly growing company
– A fast-paced learning environment in which you’ll enjoy a high degree of autonomy in your work
– An amazing office space in China World Tower B in the centre of Guomao
– Good work-life balance and flexible working hours
– Gold-level membership of Beijing’s best gym – Trainyard – worth CNY 18,888 per year
– 20 days’ paid annual leave, plus national holidays
– CNY 15,000 to 25,000 gross base salary, plus social insurance and housing fund payments based upon your pre-tax salary
How to apply?
Please upload your English language CV here:
The UK project is funded through the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Fund for International Collaboration (FIC), delivered by Innovate UK, part of UKRI.