Reed Smith LLP Job Opportunity
Corporate Associate – Junior
Open till filled
We have an opening available for a junior level associate to join the Corporate team in Shanghai. The candidate should have a good foundation of experience in foreign direct investments, mergers and acquisitions, compliance matters, employment, intellectual property and general corporate matters. Some meaningful experience of working with multi-national corporations across the following sectors would be an advantage; pharmaceutical, chemical, automobile, green technology, human resource, financial and securities services. The successful candidate is likely to be China qualified and have a common law qualification, together with relevant experience.
This role would suit associates who are seeking long term career development, increased responsibility and the opportunity to work closely with partners and clients, on a day-to-day basis. The successful candidate will be involved in complex and high-profile matters and working in a collegiate team.
The Corporate Group is comprised of lawyers who are leaders in local jurisdictions and their discipline, operating with global perspectives. Regardless of whether our clients’ matters have solely local or multi-jurisdictional implications, we practice as “one firm” delivering consistently high quality seamless execution of services across our 30 offices. We are driven by strong client relationships, and we understand the critical importance of learning our client’s business and its unique culture enabling us to deliver pragmatic, high value business results. As a result of the strong global base, the team act on significant domestic and cross-border deals.
The successful individual will benefit from a friendly and supportive team environment and be encouraged to advance their legal career within the Firm, via the CareeRS programme.
Requirements and Key Competencies
- A junior level qualified lawyer with a solid PRC law background and 1 to 3 years’ good foundation of experience in foreign direct investments, mergers and acquisitions, compliance matters, employment, intellectual property and general corporate matters.
- Meaningful experience of working with multi-national corporations across the following sectors would be an advantage; life science, data and privacy.
- The successful candidate is likely to be China qualified and a common law qualification is a plus, together with relevant experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills
- Self-confident, proactive, pragmatic approach to tasks and projects
- Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- The ability to interact and build relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Commitment to excellent client service
- Strong oral and written business language skills (English and Chinese Mandarin)
How to Apply
At Reed Smith, we welcome direct applications either in response to one of our advertised vacancies or on a speculative basis. Please submit your details through our website and we will be in touch.