The Swire group is a multi-national, multi-disciplined commercial group, with its principal areas of operation in the Asia Pacific region and centred on the Greater China area, where the name 太古 or Taikoo, meaning “Great and Ancient”, is a household name. The group’s business activities can be grouped into five categories: Property, Aviation, Beverages & Food Chain, Marine Services and Trading & Industrial. Within Asia, Swire’s activities principally come under the group’s publicly quoted arm, Swire Pacific Ltd. Elsewhere in the world, businesses are held by parent company, John Swire & Sons Ltd.
Swire first opened an office in Shanghai in 1866 and now has resident offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen to contact, coordinate, consult and research on behalf of the group operating companies. Today, Swire group’s business areas in Chinese Mainland comprise property investment and management, scheduled air cargo and airline passenger services, aircraft engineering and maintenance services, Coca-Cola bottling production and distribution, food manufacturing and distribution, deep-sea shipping, sports and lifestyle footwear and apparel wholesaling and retailing, with over 38,000 employees.
We are now inviting candidates to apply for the following position, which will be employed under John Swire & Sons (China) Limited – Beijing Resident Office.
Corporate Communications Specialist
To play an active role in strategic communications of the Swire story and brand values in the Chinese Mainland.
• Assist in planning and developing corporate communication materials, in collaboration with external vendors or agencies
• Manage Swire China social media platforms, and develop creative content to promote the Swire brand
• Develop Swire China Weekly News Report based on media coverage about market development and latest policies, etc.
• Assist in organizing corporate events, and internal and external stakeholder engagement events in the Chinese Mainland
• Support Group Public Affairs in Hong Kong, and business units in the Chinese Mainland, on public affairs activities as needed
• Provide administrative support to Chief Communications Offer and Head of Corporate Communications, and perform other ad hoc tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Communication, Journalism, English or related discipline
• 1 – 3 years’ experience gained in journalism, PR agencies or in-house corporate communication roles is a plus. Fresh graduates would also be considered
• Good organization skills with attention to details and high level of accuracy
• Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
• Good command in both written and spoken English and Chinese
At Swire, we are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive working environment for all our people regardless of their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, relationship, family status, disability, race, ethnicity, nationality, religious or political beliefs. We believe in creating an environment where people feel comfortable at work and are able to realise their full potential.
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate. If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this position, you can send your application by clicking ‘Apply Now’. We will contact all shortlisted candidates.
The Swire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be used exclusively for selection purposes and handled confidentially by authorised personnel only. Your application may also be considered for other suitable positions within the Swire group (please indicate clearly on your application if you would not like to be considered for other positions within the group.) Following the data privacy ordinance, all unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.