The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Digital Communications Manager, China
Pay band: 6
Location: Beijing, China
Department: Business, Partnership and Programme Development
Contract type: Indefinite Contract
Closing Date: 30th May 2022 at 23:59 UK Time.
Marketing and Communications at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement to our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with our work, products and services in a way that is both impactful and effective.
We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to inspire and grow our global reputation as well as building lifelong relationships and engaging our staff to demonstrate our impact.
The successful candidate will work in the newly formed ‘China Communications Team’ consisting of 5 colleagues.
The Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the digital communications strategy for British Council China.
The successful candidate will work closely with internal key stakeholders, external agencies and partners to boost British Council’s brand and reputation on Chinese social media platforms, targeting a wide range of audiences across China.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop the digital strategy for British Council China, with the help of Head of Communications. Ensure the China digital strategy is in alignment to the China Communications Strategy.
- Lead on effective forward planning by working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities. Develop digital campaigns throughout the year to create impact.
- Work with key internal stakeholders and other members of the Comms Team to ensure messaging across all British Council social platforms is consistent and clear.
- Manages the delivery of digital communications campaigns and activities in China.
- Develop creative content across all British Council China social channels. Localise regional campaigns to cater to different group of audience in China.
- Be creative in working with new channels and new partners to maximize opportunities.
- Manage agencies to ensure timely and effective delivery of campaigns and activities.
- Be sensitive to the ever-changing social landscapes in China. Ensure constant review on campaigns and activities to avoid any risks to the British Council brand.
Analysis and evaluation
- Being sensitive to statistics and able to make decisions and recommendations based on stats and data. Ensure our digital approach is backed up with good statistics.
- Set up metrics in alignment with key stakeholders within the network. Review and assess digital performance on a regular basis.
- Proactively seek feedback from stakeholders. Advice on ways to improve performance.
Digital expertise and insights
- Provide expert advice, support and challenge on digital communications to colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Familiar with all mainstream social platforms in China and have a clear understanding of the different groups of target audience of British Council on each platform as well as the type of content that will be of interest to them.
- Keep up to date on latest social trends, particularly in China.
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Ensure solid and beneficial relationships with marketing and communications professionals.
- Actively participates within the Marketing Community of Practice.
- Develop peer / personal networks in both an internal and external capacity, to enhance own knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively build and maintains excellent relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Requirements Of The Role
- Demonstrable experience in managing digital communications within a large and complex organisation or agency
- Experience in managing and mitigating digital communications risks and issues
- Creative approach to implementing and evaluating communication activities
- Fluency in English
- Degree or equivalent within a relevant field. (Communications, Journalism or marketing preferred)
Closing Date: Applications will close at 23:59 on 30th May 2022 UK Time.
Interviews will be held mid to late June.
Candidates are expected to have researched whether they have the right to live and work in the country in which the role is based. Given that our offices have different legal status depending on the work we do in those countries, we recommend that you contact HR in country for additional information on the likelihood of securing a visa. Only at its discretion will the British Council provide support so please check first whether visa support is offered.
Marketing and Communications at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with our work and our products and services in the most impactful and effective way. We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and demonstrate our impact. This role is a new role as part of Marketing and Communications Transformation programme. In line with the Global Recruitment policy, standard application and recruitment decisions will apply for this role
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.