Director/Assistant Director West China, CBBC
China-Britain Business Council (CBBC)/英中贸易协会
China Britain Business Council is the leading organisation helping companies to work together in China, the UK and third markets around the world. With over 60 years of experience, experts in 11 UK offices and 13 Chinese locations, and a diverse 1,000-strong membership, we operate alongside the British Chamber of Commerce in China to support companies of all sizes and sectors from multinationals to SMEs.
As the partner of choice for British companies working with China, CBBC delivers a range of events, tailored research and consultative services. We cooperate closely with government to highlight export opportunities for UK companies and investment opportunities for Chinese organisations, and work closely with a range of partners across the UK and China, including the UK Department for International Trade (formerly UKTI). For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org.
The China-Britain Business Council is seeking a dynamic individual to join CBBC’s senior management team in China, as the role of Director or Assistant Director of West China, level depending on the experience of the candidate.
The successful candidate will be based in either Chengdu or Chongqing, lead on the growth of a number of key business areas. As the Legal Representative person of CBBC Chengdu, the post-holder is responsible for the overall success of CBBC in Southwest China region. The post-holder will report to the Executive Director of China.
Stakeholders Relations: Representing CBBC and business development with key stakeholders, such as Chinese and UK governments, British Southwest Chamber and other partners and business associations.
Membership sales, retention and interaction: leading on growing, retaining and servicing the CBBC membership based in the region.
Operation and Office Management: directing a regional team across 4 offices, to provide and manage day-to-day operational relevant works and to be ultimately responsible of the smooth running of a team of 10 staff members.
Events: Overseeing and championing activities in the region, through the work of your team in the 4 offices which deliver lots of business events a year for CBBC members, partners and clients in the region.
Launchpad Services: working with our Beijing based Launchpad Director, develop new LP leads and be responsible for the overall local delivery and service support.
- Degree-level education or above
- Fluency in English is essential and Chinese language skills highly desirable
- High level of integrity and emotional intelligence
- Proactive and problem-solving skills
- Leadership and management skills and experience
- Multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills are essential
- Ability and confidence to navigate and negotiate with multiple partners and stakeholders at senior level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting and communicating to senor business and government leaders
- 8-10 years plus relevant in professional/business services, management consulting or/and client facing roles
- Experience of working in complex multi-partner environments in the provision of advice on trade & investment is highly desirable
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV in both English and Chinese to RDCD2018@cbbc.org.cn. Your cover letter should explain why you believe your skills and background are a good fit for the role and give an indication of your salary expectations.
The closing date for application is 4th July, 2018. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who fail to provide a cover letter will not be considered.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.