As the partner of choice for British companies working with China, CBBC delivers a range of events, tailored research and consultative services. We cooperate closely with the Department for International Trade, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and across government to highlight export opportunities for UK companies and investment opportunities for Chinese organisations.
CBBC works in partnership with DIT to assist British companies in developing and expanding export markets in China.
Building on CBBC’s extensive network of advisers and company contacts this new, exciting role will see the successful candidate playing a pivotal role in driving the delivery of ambitious targets that help meet HMG ambitions of increasing the number of companies exporting to China and increasing the growth of business deals won by British companies in China.
Working with and reporting to the UK-based Executive Director responsible for delivery of this business line, key responsibilities of this role include:
• Coordination with CBBC sector teams in UK and China to develop and deliver pipelines of companies in order to take them through to export success.
• Coordination with CBBC membership and services teams in UK and China to ensure systems are in place to capture activity across CBBC’s network e.g. Timely follow up for research clients, support for members in growing business across China.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with DIT China teams within their central management team and sector teams, ensuring that objectives and targets are aligned and relationships between CBBC and DIT teams are productive.
• Build links with the GREAT team in the Embassy to ensure marketing collateral and resource is understood by and available to CBBC teams for DIT events.
• Lead on development and delivery of monthly reports to DIT and CBBC senior management.
• Oversee coordination of Export Opportunities identifying new business leads for British business from across the CBBC office network, and oversee support for resulting discussions between relevant, interested UK companies and Chinese counterparts.
This post will ideally be based in Beijing. Travel across China will be required and occasional travel to the UK.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• +10 years of past experience of doing business in China,
• proven experience of managing diverse, dispersed teams
• strong account management and contract management experience and skills,
• Well-organised and efficient with excellent, proven database / spreadsheet skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven experience of public speaking and representational roles
• Native English speaker but Mandarin strongly desirable
We invite applications from qualified candidates to send a CV and cover letter to DITBJ2017@cbbc.org.cn. Your cover letter, which should not exceed two pages, should explain why you believe your skills and experience are a good fit for the role, and give an indication of your salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is 12th April, 2017. We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a covering letter will not be considered.
CBBC is an Equal Opportunities employer and values diversity.
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) helps British and Chinese businesses and organisations work together in China, the UK and third markets around the world. With more than 60 years of experience, specialists in 11 UK offices and 15 Chinese locations, and a diverse 1,000-strong membership, we operate alongside the British Chamber of Commerce in China to support companies of all sizes and sectors from multinationals to SMEs.