As the research and analysis division of The Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries.
The Economist Intelligence Corporate Network (EICN) is the briefing and networking service of The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). Through our members-only C-suite forums we help international firms understand the political, economic and business environments of the high-growth markets where they operate.
The EICN Beijing Director will be responsible for supporting the network in Beijing, including the delivery of a full suite of editorial services to members including advisory briefings, webinars, meetings, analysis and data. The Beijing Director will work closely with the China Director in setting strategy for the Beijing Network and supporting the EICN Greater China networks as needed.
The EICN service is delivered in several, main ways:
- Through a programme of meetings that create the opportunity to hear from outside experts and peers
- Through private briefings (presentations) delivered to clients at their management and strategy meetings
- Through summary reports and data (covering key economic and business issues)
- Through curated interactions with EICN and EIU staff and fellow members
The right candidate will have the confidence and capability to engage senior executives; posses excellent analytical capabilities and the ability to convey compelling analysis persuasively; and the skills to moderate highly interactive discussions and meetings. This position will participate in the senior content team in China.
How you will contribute:
- Contribute towards the editorial and analytical service of EICN in China, sustain and develop strong client relationships
- Deliver services that meet the editorial standards of The Economist brand
- Create and deliver the EICN programme and services in Beijing to a high quality, working closely with peers and colleagues
- Deliver to members insightful regular briefings which help them make better decisions for their businesses, and otherwise engage members when needs arise
- At EICN meetings, in addition to sourcing outstanding speakers, facilitate discussions that are highly stimulating, challenging and participative
- Work closely with the business development team to retain existing members and attract new members, and develop value-added customised services for members
- As part of the senior content team in China, to deliver meetings and presentations in other locations as needed
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
- Experience leading and advising senior executives
- Thorough and wide-ranging knowledge of Chinese business, politics and economics
- Can understand and uphold the values of The Economist Group
- An understanding of The Economist Intelligence Corporate Network offering and EIU products
- A keen grasp of commercial perspectives and outstanding editorial and analytical judgment
- Exceptional communications and writing skills and an ability to facilitate stimulating discussions
- An authoritative and lively public speaking skill, with excellent people management skills
- Enjoys and is effective at networking with very senior executives
- Degree in business, economics or international studies (post-graduate desirable)
- Fluent writing, presentation, and moderation skills in English and Chinese
To apply, visit the Economist website via this link.