We are now seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Events, to lead our growing portfolio of events across China. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven, energetic person who wants to play a leading role in creating opportunities for the UK and China to work together. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the CBBC events team across China to develop and implement a diverse programme of events in collaboration with the managers of our 13 offices across the country, with the British Embassy and consulates, our UK events team, and a variety of other stakeholders. This role will focus on Service Excellence, providing an outstanding Events service to internal and external customers, ensuring that the events team is run efficiently, and ensuring continuing innovation in terms of methodology, efficiency, tools and technology. Our recent and upcoming events calendar can be found HERE, and highlights include the China Outbound Conference, “Belt&Road” and “Made in China 2025” Seminar Series, our Programme of events for the UK Government, and the Great British Brands Festival series.
• Lead our events team across China to develop and implement a programme of events aimed at raising the UK’s profile and promoting greater trade and investment.
• Continuously improve our high Service Excellence standards, providing an outstanding Events service to internal and external customers
• Ensuring that the events team is run efficiently, and ensuring continuing innovation in terms of methodology, efficiency, tools and technology
• Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders to maximise reach and impact, including commercial viability in cooperation with our commercial and marketing teams.
• Implement an agreed Events Programme developed in collaboration with UK Government Department for International Trade
• Work closely with other teams, especially Membership, to drive sales of CBBC services through the China programme.
• Educated to undergraduate degree level or higher.
• Proven track record (8+ years) in events and programme management
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Proven ability to build strong relationships with wide range of different clients and stakeholders.
• Good knowledge of / proven interest in trade and investment.
• Experience working in a bilateral context (especially UK-China) would be an advantage.
• Excellent communicator, commercially-minded, creative, energetic.
• Fluent Chinese and English language
Locating in Beijing, the job holder will report to an Executive Director of CBBC China, and work closely with a range of stakeholders to develop and oversee an exciting programme of China events.
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements together with detailed CV in both English and Chinese, an indication of your current salary and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a covering letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 21 April 2017.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.
China Britain Business Council is the leading organisation helping companies to work together in China, the UK and third markets around the world. With 60 years of experience, experts in 11 UK offices and 15 Chinese locations, and a diverse 1,000-strong membership, we operate alongside the British Chamber of Commerce in China to support companies of all sizes and sectors from multinationals to SMEs. As the partner of choice for British companies working with China, CBBC delivers a range of events, tailored research and consultative services. We cooperate closely with government to highlight export opportunities for UK companies and investment opportunities for Chinese organisations, and work closely with a range of partners across the UK and China, including the UK Department for International Trade (formerly UKTI). For more information about us, please click HERE
to visit our website.