We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director level Business Advisor to lead our Healthcare and Lifesciences sector and provide sound advice and assistance to British companies wanting to develop their business with and within China. This role is a client facing role requiring substantial recent China business experience. Keeping tight connection with the counterpart in the UK and working closely with the CBBC offices in China and the UK as well as a range of UK institutions including DIT, the role will entail advising and assisting British companies to establish and grow their business in China, as well as writing insightful and original industry research. The role will engage at a high level with some of the UK’s largest companies within the sector and use their network to position CBBC as a thought leader in the UK-China Healthcare and Lifesciences space. This role will support UK SME’s to help target niche areas where they can develop their business. The post-holder should have strong expertise in the sector which will cover the key sub-sectors of healthcare (hospital build/management, health insurance, elderly care, rehabilitation, digital and remote health care, and professional training) and Lifesciences (pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, medical technology and devices).
As a Business Adviser the role includes:
• Acquisition of new clients and members, and meeting sales targets for research and events activity
• Servicing and care of existing client relationships
• Providing one-to-one consultation with businesses of all sizes and experience
• Writing insightful and original research on UK-China business in the sector
• Providing guidance on matters of policy and market access for UK firms in their engagement in the Chinese market
• Coordinating member-driven activities and initiatives, including sector forums and events
• Act as a key relationship manager with DIT within the sector and deliver initiatives designed to assist UK trade growth across China.
• Grow CBBC revenue streams through sales of CBBC membership and business services to UK and Chinese companies
• Identifying export opportunities for UK companies
• Public speaking at events and seminars in China
• Representing CBBC in the media
• Developing, enhancing and maintaining relationships with key partners, including DIT, trade associations and other business organisations.
Specific requirements for the role are as follows:
• Substantial and recent China business experience related to the sector
• Demonstrable understanding of the concerns of and issues faced by UK businesses when trading with and investing in China
• The ability to deal at senior levels to deliver sound business solutions to widely differing types of company
• Ability to provide in-depth understanding of how these industry sectors operate in China and write original and insightful research
• Strong business relationships with Chinese and international firms in your field
• Strong analytical and advisory skills
• Passion for business development and excellent client facing skills
• Self-motivated, with a flexible and entrepreneurial style of working
• Fluent English
• Chinese language skills preferred
The job holder will report to an Executive Director of CBBC China.
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements together with detailed CV in both English and Chinese, an indication of your current salary and expected salary to the following email address: CBA2017@cbbc.org.cn.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a covering letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 31st March 2017.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) is the leading organisation helping UK companies of all sizes and sectors, whether new entrants or established operations. CBBC has worked with China for 60 years and our team has extensive experience of doing business there. We offer practical in-market assistance, services, industry initiatives and a membership programme delivering access, seminars, and networking through our network of 15 locations in China and 11 in the UK.
CBBC works closely with a range of partners across the UK and China, including the UK Department for International Trade (formerly UKTI). For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org.