Reuters is looking for an energetic correspondent with great ideas and a strong interest in and understanding economics to join our team covering the world’s second-largest economy, based in Beijing.
The successful candidate will be adept both at handling data releases, with speed and accuracy, and reporting on the ground from the “real economy” to deliver smart coverage that helps explain a complex and crucially important story to a global audience. The China economics correspondent will have an understanding of how geopolitics and demographics drive policy and markets, working closely with colleagues in China and globally on stories that are consistently among the most-read by Reuters clients.
About the Role
As our Economics Correspondent, China, you will:
- Write breaking news stories on China’s economy and follow-up pieces
- Identify, explain and analyze emerging trends in the Chinese economy
- Produce deep, insightful pieces and source-based stories….
To be our Economics Correspondent, China, you will likely have:
- At least two years journalism or related experience
- Strong English and Mandarin skills
- Understanding of China’s economy and policymaking
- Great team spirit t
What’s in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time