CBBC is recruiting a full time Editor/Copywriter based in our Beijing or Shanghai office. The successful candidate will work with researchers across CBBC China to deliver high quality business English reports that deliver clear business advice to UK companies in China.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Work with the CBBC research teams to edit research reports to a high professional business standard
• Manage and supervise proofreading team to ensure that all reports are proofread and reach CBBC quality standards
• Assist with the resource allocation
• Manage and supervise project deliverables to ensure they are delivered on clients on time
• Develop the business acumen and communication skills of the CBBC teams
• Coach researchers in delivering higher level written communications to decision makers in UK companies
• Work independently on research projects covering different sectors and business issues
The ideal candidate will work effectively in a team environment, have an outgoing personality and a willingness to engage pro-actively with our China-wide team.
• English Native Speaker with experience editing English reports to a high standard (an assessment will be undertaken by short-listed candidates)
• Degree: Masters
• Ability to check detailed reports against agreed project scopes
• Ability to identify and assess key trends and patterns, and provide analysis
• Experience in coaching teams on how to improve their skills in English
• Understanding of international business and successful business in China
• Ability to independently research topics and create business reports and articles
• Experience in managing is an advantage
• Fluency in Mandarin an advantage
The job holder will report to CBBC’s Trade Services Director for China.
Applications with covering letter should be sent to email@example.com.
The closing date for application is 14th April 2017. However, as CBBC is looking to fill the vacancy as soon as possible early applications are welcomed. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) helps British and Chinese businesses and organisations work together in China, the UK and third markets around the world. With 60 years of experience, experts in 11 UK offices and 15 Chinese locations, and a diverse 1,000-strong membership, we operate alongside the British Chamber of Commerce in China to support companies of all sizes and sectors from multinationals to SMEs.
As the partner of choice for British companies working with China, CBBC delivers a range of events, tailored research and consultative services. We cooperate closely with the Department for International Trade, The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and across government to highlight export opportunities for UK companies and investment opportunities for Chinese organisations.
For more information about us, please click HERE to visit our website.