The Hutong Education Team is looking to increase our Client Relationship Management team in the school sector in China. This position will be focused on account management and providing exceptional customer service for our partner school clients in this market. We are looking for someone with a passion for education, a proactive attitude and a desire to present our exceptional experiential education programs with a heightened level of professionalism. In order to execute account management and stay at the top of our game, we need individuals who treat customer relations management with the utmost care and thoroughness whilst using language that promotes our brand promise of partnership, professionalism, and consistency.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Manage key school accounts. This includes managing communications with school leadership, admin and teaching staff on all matters concerning program preparation, execution and follow up;
- Coordinate the submission of all relevant follow-up documents including budget reports, program notes, inventory use, photo compilations, etc.;
- Meet with clients in order to help foster a spirit of partnership for all of our program creation;
- Collaborate with cross-regional team members (Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Hong Kong) on customer relations management projects;
- Negotiate with clients, and understand and meet their needs;
- Set and achieve new key client targets and support outreach efforts to new client schools
- Lead idea generation and program design, in concert with the Experiences (product) team, that is customized to each client school’s specifications;
- Coordinate content used in each program’s written materials;
- All members of our team will also take part in leading education programs for client schools, especially during our busy fall and spring seasons;
- Manage and support the positive dynamics of a multinational team on the road with student groups;
- Represent and embody the fun, inclusive, and passionate reputation that The Hutong staff are known for.
Requirements (qualifications and experience):
- Excellent English language ability (written and oral)
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage several accounts simultaneously;
- Punctual, with the ability to set and stick to deadlines and get back to clients in a timely manner;
- Efficient with excel spreadsheets and able to work with or willing to learn InDesign and Photoshop;
- Excellent in written communications; able to write and respond to client requests in a proficient and professional manner;
- Conceptual skills to understand our principles of program design and apply them to new itinerary and proposal creation;
- Excellent in verbal communications, and confidently able to meet with clients, build relationships, and communicate customer needs to our team;
- Able to assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed;
- Experienced in delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs;
- Passionate about providing top-notch, exceptional customer service;
- Comfortable with delegating tasks to a team;
- Confident in ability to deliver presentations to client schools across China;
- Willing to travel and work long hours during our peak seasons;
- Up to date security background checks or ability to obtain such information in order to pass our rigorous Child Safeguarding Policy;
- Interested in Chinese history and culture
Salary, culture, equality and inclusion:
The Hutong Education compensates all full-time and part-time staff with industry-competitive wages based on an individual’s relevant work experience. More details regarding compensation will be provided upon application.
The Hutong is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. We strive to create an exceptional place to work, learn and grow, which includes opportunities to work remotely, together with working from inspiring co-working spaces. We offer flexi-time schedules to best suit your lifestyle and provide annual growth budgets to support you with your personal and professional growth.
These are just a small handful of reasons why we were nominated as a finalist in 2020 for Best Employer and in 2022 the British Company of the Year (SME) at the British Business Awards, as well as winning the Education Supplier Award and the Heads’ Choice Award at the China Schools Awards in 2021 and 2023.
Applications open and accepted from: 1st – 30th November; Hiring decisions completed in December 2023.
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief cover letter introducing yourself, and telling us why you would be great for this role.
To learn more about what we do, please visit education.thehutong.com.