Founded in 2003, Gardner Group is headquartered in Derby, UK, with a total of 14 plants in 5 countries: UK, France, Poland, India and China. Gardner’s business is mainly engaged in the production, processing, assembly and maintenance of aerospace components. The main products are aircraft and engine parts, including the surface of the leading edge of the aircraft, engine-related components, take-off and landing equipment, oil pump covers and other core components.
In June 2017, LAT completed the acquisition of Gardner Group and built a facroty in Shuangliu District, Chengdu, covering an area of 45,000 square meters. Gardner’s main customer is Airbus, which is Airbus Tier 1 strategic supplier. The Chengdu factory has now passed the Airbus certification and is gradually starting formal production. Welcome all staffs in the aviation industry to join Gardner for the bright future.
Reporting to: General Manager
Be responsible for building process and technology capability, solving technology problems, coordinating the department’s work arrangement, establishing technical management system ,building a well function team and improving the company’s technical level.
- Be responsible for the compile and review of manufacturing process, assisting in the design and development of fixtures as well as the compile and approval of relevant technical documents.
- Be responsible for product technical review, technical communication and feedback the related technical information and follow-up.
- Be responsible for formulating, reviewing and implementing department management system.
- Be responsible for establishing and improving the team, guiding the employees and improving the team level.
- Be responsible for cost analysis, cost estimation and cost control.
- Be responsible for the management of NPI and follow up the procurement progress, outsourcing progress, manufacturing progress and solve all kinds of problems.
- Be responsible for the technical management of the heat treatment, anodizing and other special processes to meet the requirements of customers and NADCAP.
- According to the situation of the mass production to improve and optimize the production process, production efficiency and the quality of product.
- Be responsible for approval and sorting of all technical documents and establish a comprehensive technical archive.
- Bachelor degree or above with more than 6 years of industry experience.
- Fluent English in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Familiar with various machining processes and Ability to design tools and fixtures.
- Familiar with the sort of materials’ cutting performance, especially aluminum, magnesium alloy and titanium alloy.
- Be proficient in using UG、CATIA and machining simulation software to prepare machining programs and drawing.
- Familiar with the working principle and performance of equipment and tools.
- Familiar with the assembly process of aerospace components.
- Excellent data analysis skills and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent coordination, organization and communication skills
- Working experience as an engineering manager and experience in the development of aerospace products, various non-standard and special shaped parts.
- Familiar with special processes such as heat treatment, anodizing and NADCAP requirements is preferred.
- Working experience in Airbus products and familiar with Airbus standards is preferred.
An annual appraisal will be held to ensure the employee and their Line Manager is happy with their performance, progress and development. Further reviews may also be held to discuss any ongoing training needs of the employee.
Note: This job description serves as a guide only to the main duties and responsibilities of your job role and it may vary from time to time. As our business grows and develops (or contracts), you may be expected to carry other reasonable duties which are within your capabilities.
注: 此职位描述仅可作为工作主要职责及责任的指南, 可能会不时发生变化。随着我们业务的增长和发展 (或合同), 您可能需要承担您力所能及的其他合理职责。
In the event that the job holder cannot meet all the requirements of the job description, then additional training will be given to bring the individual up to the required standard.