Are you looking to break into international journalism? MNI seeks an aspiring reporter to join our small but influential Beijing bureau, assisting with coverage of the PBOC, trade and other key issues affecting the world’s second-largest economy. MNI’s fast-growing international news service is quickly establishing a reputation as a prime source of information about China’s policy debate, and this would be an exciting opportunity for someone seeking to take their first steps to build a career as a reporter. The successful candidate will have native-level English and a keen interest in financial journalism. Knowledge of Mandarin would be an advantage but is not essential. We would consider applicants seeking either full- or part-time positions.
The principal responsibilities of this position include:
- Interviewing government and PBOC officials, as well as key government advisors.
- Breaking news on China’s economy, exchange rate and monetary policy.
- News planning, in coordination with international editors.
- Writing news stories
What we’re looking for:
- Strong news-writing skills, with an ability to write about complex subjects in simple language.
- An interest in monetary policy and the economy.
- Someone with drive, who is self-motivated and highly competitive.
- Native-level English.
- Please note that this role is aimed at foreign-passport holders.
What We Offer:
- Major career and professional development. We develop and promote talent. Each member of our small global team has myriad opportunities to excel.
- A competitive compensation package.
- An incredible team of talented and passionate people.
- A fulfilling and challenging work environment.
MNI recognises the importance of work life balance. If this challenge appeals to
you, please come talk to us. Send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com