Events Manager, CBBC
China-Britain Business Council (CBBC)
Location: Beijing, China
Package: Competitive salary range between RMB 8, 500-RMB 9, 500, based on matched qualification and experiences
China-Britain Business Council is the leading organisation helping companies to work together in China, the UK and third markets around the world. With over 60 years of experience, experts across the UK and China, and a diverse membership of 1,000 companies, we support companies of all sizes and sectors from multinationals to SMEs.
As the partner of choice for British companies working with China, CBBC delivers a range of events, tailored research and consultative services. We cooperate closely with government to highlight export opportunities for UK companies and investment opportunities for Chinese organisations, and work closely with a range of partners across the UK and China, including the UK Department for International Trade (formerly UKTI).
For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org .
The successful applicant will also be responsible for planning, budgeting, execution of events and marketing the opportunities to reach the target audience. You will also work with the colleagues from across the team to ensure the events programme is organised and developed effectively. Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for events logistic works, including but not limited to arrangement of venue selection and set-up, transportation, catering, AV equipment, onsite event support during events;
- Draft and manage hard-cost quotation, and payments to external suppliers;
- Managing high profiled events, dealing effectively with and meeting the expectations of different stakeholders and partners;
- Organising seminars, receptions and other events on behalf of a variety of UK based clients and delivering them within an agreed budget;
- The promotion of events services offered by CBBC, acquisition of new clients and servicing and care of existing client relationships. Understanding customer requirements and managing customer relationships;
- Maintain relationships with government departments and agencies and industry contacts with whom we partner for events;
- Proactively engaging with partners to deliver value added services to clients;
- Delivering on revenue targets and managing costs effectively;
- Proactively building on CBBC’s database to reach out to more British and Chinese companies actively developing trade together;
The ideal candidate will be energetic, highly motivated, IT literate, an excellent organiser and communicator, an active listener and a team player with a proven ability to work independently. Specific requirements for the role are as follows:
- Bachelor degree or above.
- Excellent language skills in English and Mandarin (written and oral)
- At least 2 years’ relevant working experiences in Events/Communication/PR Marketing fields.
- Excellent events management skills, providing careful attention to details.
- Demonstrable understanding of UK-China business issues.
- Excellent team work and communication to deliver an active annual events programme.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Have an understanding of budgeting.
- A flexible and entrepreneurial style and a quick learner.
- Skilled use of computer software: word, excel, PPT, etc.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV in both English and Chinese to EventsBJ2018@cbbc.org.cn. Your cover letter should explain why you believe your skills and background are a good fit for the role and give an indication of your salary expectations.
The closing date for application is 29th November, 2018. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who fail to provide a cover letter will not be considered.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.