Employees, on average, spend about 1/3 of their working time handling emails and business reports. This may translate into over 600-700 hours of routine writing work each year. More and more companies are emphasizing the need to become more efficient in dealing with daily writing.
China-Britain Business Council and British Chamber are delighted to present our member companies a one day course in communication and business writing. In this course, attendees will learn how to maximise writing efficiency and send clear messages to readers with greater confidence.
Time: 6 hours
Who should attend:
- Junior to middle management staff who need to regularly communicate with foreign clients and colleagues in written English
- Anyone who is seeking to brush up on business writing skills
- The writing process and basics of effective business writing
- Organising your content and thoughts
- Effective ways to organize your content before writing
- How to use mind map and brainstorming tools
- What do you need to consider before writing
- Writing e-mails and memos
- How to construct powerful headings and subject lines
- Choosing appropriate greetings and closings
- Managing set ups and stating your purpose early
- Organisation/structure of content
- The ideal tone to serve the purpose
- Paragraphing, ideas and sentences
- Making polite and effective requests
- Providing background and details (when necessary)
- Responding: Accepting or declining requests
- Parallelism in listing points
- Being clear and concise
- Avoiding wordiness and repetition
- Proof reading and revising your work
- Managing your CC/BCC list
- Using ‘reply’ or ‘reply all’ functions
- Business Writing and Special Situations
- Generating reader friendly reports
- Writing and structuring executive summaries
- Creating agendas and writing meeting minutes with ease
- Writing for special situations
- Handling sensitive topics and difficult people
- Influencing your and selling your ideas
- The cultural aspects of writing
09.30 Morning session
13.30 Afternoon session
British Bilingual Certified Soft Skills Trainer
- 15+ years International Business experience in 20 countries.
- 7+ years Corporate Training experience in China.
- Certified Soft Skills Trainer by IRCES.
- Presentation skills.
- E-mail & Business writing.
- Time management & managing effective meetings.
- Cross-cultural communication training.
- Negotiation skills.
- Communication skills
Johnson & Johnson, IKEA, Bosch, Evonik, Shangri-La, Danone, Nestle, Foton, Le Meridien.
The course is limited to 20 places. Pre-event registration and payment are required. Places are first come, first served.
Register and pay before Thursday 6 July to enjoy an early-bird discount:
Members: RMB 1600
Non-members: RMB 2200
(Full price RMB 1800 / RMB 2500)
Please email email@example.com
to cancel your registration if you cannot attend. 97% of payment will be refunded if the cancellation is made by 6 July (inclusive). No refunds will be made after 6 July.
If you fail to notify Britcham/CBBC, we regret that you will forfeit any fees paid.
Start date: 2017-07-14
Start time: 09:15
End time: 16:30
Venue: The British Business Centre, Beijing
Directions: Room 1001, China Life Tower, 16 Chaoyangmenwai Dajie
Phone: 010-8525 1111 ext. 371