The British Chamber of Commerce in China and the China Britain Business Council cordially invites members and non-members to a half-day workshop that will challenge participants to explore market conditions and future possibilities. The workshop will use Celemi Performance – a Board-Based Business Simulation, which supports dialogue on strategic issues across functional and hierarchical boundaries.
At the workshop, participants will be grouped in teams of four and exercise their business minds by following the case story of ‘Fenix Inc.’ In three chapters, they help Fenix Inc. to get the basics right, create a competitive advantage, and finally to develop the business. Throughout the workshop, participants will be encouraged to draw parallels to their own reality, reflecting on the challenges and opportunities that they are currently facing.
By the end of the simulation, participants will have a better understanding of:
• The broad understanding of the key issues and factors that influence the business.
• The fundamental importance of customer focus, including a solid understanding of customer needs.
• How small improvements can have a great effect on the bottom line.
• A focus on what can be done, even when business conditions are tough.
13:45-14:45 Phase 1: The challenge – Getting the basics right
Evaluating market conditions:
• What are you up against?
• What decisions need to be made in order to be profitable?
14:45-15:45 Phase 2: Adding value – Creating the competitive advantages
Analysing customer information and determining needs:
• Which customer segments are most profitable – in the short run and in the long run?
• How can you add value to your offer, in order to meet the needs of your targeted customers?
15:45-16:00 Coffee Break
16:00-17:00 Phase 3: Winning the business – Going for the right customers!
The strategy meets reality:
• Did you win the customers you intended to?
• How profitable was your market strategy – in the short run and in the long run?
17:00-17:30 Debrief & Roundup
About the Speaker
Senior Consultant, Celemi Consulting (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Richard is a British Organisational Psychologist working for Celemi in Shanghai and is a Lead Facilitator of Celemi solutions.
Richard believes in interactive and fun learning experiences and he delivers learning solutions focusing on business acumen, leadership, project management, strategy implementation and organisational alignment.
Richard has been working in China since 2006 and is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
To register for this event, please contact email@example.com
Start date: 2017-10-19
Start time: 13:15
End time: 17:30
Venue: British Business Centre, Beijing
Directions: Room 1001, China Life Tower, 16 Chaoyangmenwai Dajie