China-Britain Business Council and Celemi Enterprise are delighted to invite you to join a unique business simulation masterclass for improved collaboration among your team members. During this business simulation masterclass, each team manages their own company and competes for customers in a rapidly changing marketplace. Participants act as employees from different departments, such as finance, production, marketing and corporate intelligence. After four years of tough competition, the winner is the enterprise that can earn a profit in the short-term while creating long-term value for all stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to enhance the establishment of cross-functional cooperation and the understanding of strategic decision-making to stay ahead in a changing world.
Key themes: competition, pricing, positioning, operational efficiency, value propostions, market intelligence, product portfolio management, decision-making.
The session is specially designed for senior managers, middle managers, entrepreneurs and others with marketing, sales, business and financial responsibilities. Join us if you have a strong desire to improve market intelligence and stay competitive in a rapidly changing world.
The seminar at a glance
- An intense one-day competition.
- A business simulation of four years based on a proven methodology and run by certified facilitators.
- Four to six companies compete for the same customers in a changing marketplace.
- Each team executes its own strategy with collaboration among team members.
- Great computer support that allows for a detailed yearly analysis and comparison of the teams’ performance in the marketplace along a range of factors.
- A market analysis leading to intense discussion and participants bring the lessons learned back to real business
- Participants gain a common frame of reference of the overall business situation, which they absorb and understand quickly.
- Offers a mental model of how the business works, what the priorities are and how to move forward.
- Encourages people to explore and discover the key value drivers of the business and their relative impact on the organization.
- Helps participants identify potential for improvement and how they can contribute to strategy via their own role in the organization.
- Inspires people’s desire to make a difference.
Richard Wood, Senior Consultant, Celemi Consulting (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Richard is a British Organisational Psychologist working for Celemi in Shanghai and is a Lead Facilitator of Celemi solutions.
Richard believes in interactive and fun learning experiences and he delivers learning solutions focusing on business acumen, leadership, project management, strategy implementation and organisational alignment.
Richard has been working in China since 2006 and is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
09.00 – 09.15 Registration
09.15 – 12.30 Simulation introduction, Years 1-2
Approx. 90 min. per year, including breaks and analysis
10.00 – 10.15 Morning refreshments available
12.30 – 13.10 Lunch
13.10 – 17.10 Simulation continues, Years 3-5
Approx 75 min. per year, including breaks and analysis
15.00 – 15.15 Afternoon refreshments available
17.10 – 17.30 Recap of the day; Strategize; Adjourn
The course is limited to 20 places. Pre-event registration and payment are required. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Early-bird Discount – Register and pay before Thursday 31 August to enjoy an early-bird discount: Members: RMB 500, Non-members: RMB 800 (Full price: RMB 800 / RMB 1,100)
Cancellation policy: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration if you cannot attend. 97% of payment will be refunded if the cancellation is made on or before 7 September (inclusive). No refunds will be made after 7 September. If you fail to notify CBBC, we regret that you will forfeit any fee paid.