Following the success of the UK-China Intellectual Property Forum in Shenzhen in 2016, CBBC and BritCham Guangdong are organising the second UK-China Intellectual Property Forum in Shenzhen.
Why Shenzhen again?
In 2017, Shenzhen…
- Selected as the place for National Innovation Protection Centre by the Patent Protection Association of China;
- The number of patent applications reaching 177,000, up by 34.8% compared to the previous year;
- 20,000 PCT international patent applications, accounting for 43.1% of the national total;
- DJI and Huawei winning the Madrid Trademark Registration Special Contribution Award;
- The number of newly registered computer software copyrights reaching 84,000, accounting for 11.6% of the national total registrations…
- Still a dynamic city with great government input toward maintaining an “innovation driven” economy.
With several innovation indicators leading in the nation or even in the world, what makes Shenzhen transform successfully in such a short time and what are the secrets behind it? Shenzhen’s answer to this is Intellectual Property development. Hence why we have chosen to talk about IP again in this city.
Promote Your Company as an Industry leader in Such a City
CBBC and BritCham Guangdong will organise the half-day forum attended by around 80-100 people. It will focus on recent developments in Intellectual Property, share insights from legal specialists, as well as provide ample opportunities for business networking with visionary entrepreneurs and industry experts from Shenzhen companies and foreign companies with base in Shenzhen and across Guangdong. Tentative agenda is as below.
Events in the Past
Who will attend this year?
Focused sectors include digital, ICT, retail brands, electronics, etc.
- 50% Chinese companies with needs protecting IP in UK/EU;
- 40% foreign companies with needs protecting IP in China;
- 10% media, IP agents, etc.
Agenda of 2018
|Time 时间||Item 内容|
|14:20-14:35||Theme1: Gov Support on IP Protection|
主题1：政府对于知产保护的支持By Gov officials/industry associations
|14:35-15:20||Theme 2: Chinese Companies Protecting IP in the UK and EU|
主题2: 中国企业在欧洲保护知识产权By Law Firm (TBC)Topic 1: EU Patent Registration
Topic 2: Trade Mark Registration in the UK and EU
Topic 3: Digital & Innovation IP Protection in UK
Topic 4: Cross-border IP Litigation
|15:35-16:20||Theme 2: Protecting your IPs in China|
主题2: 在中国保护知识产权By Law Firm (TBC)
Topic 1: Patent Enforcement in China
|16:20-16:35||Theme 3: Shenzhen Company IP & Innovation Case Study|
|16:35-17:00||Q & A|
Note: Final topics will depend on speakers’ expertise.
CBBC has been continuously working on protecting the interests of UK companies and Chinese companies with offices in the UK in the past. It signed agreement with JD.COM, Alibaba and WeChat in the past years to put in place a mechanism which enables related rights-holders to engage directly with those platforms, highlight concerns and discuss priority issues.
MoU Signing with JD.COM, Alibaba and WeChat Respectively
Find Out More
If you are interested to speak in or sponsor the event, please contact Rita Huang at email@example.com or call +86 (0) 20-8883 2120 ext. 808.