Schwarzman Scholars at Tsinghua University was inspired by the Rhodes scholarship, which was founded in 1902 to promote international understanding and peace, and is designed to meet the challenges of the 21st century and beyond. Blackstone Co-Founder Stephen A. Schwarzman made personal contribution to the program and is leading a fundraising campaign from private sources to endow the program in perpetuity. The endowment will support up to 200 scholars annually from the U.S., China and around the world for a one-year Master’s Degree program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of China’s most prestigious universities and an indispensable base for the country’s scientific and technological research. Scholars chosen for this highly selective program will live in Beijing for a year of study and cultural immersion, attending lectures, traveling, and developing a better understanding of China. Admissions opened in the fall of 2015, with the first class of students in residence in 2016. For more information, please visit: www.sc.tsinghua.edu.cn
To support the development of Schwarzman Scholars at Tsinghua University which was officially launched on April 21st, 2013, the University is now seeking for most qualified people for the relevant positions. You are cordially invited to join us to work for such a high profile college, which provides infinite opportunities of self-development. If you are self-starters, highly driven, passionate about education, and eager to challenge yourself in a startup institute, please now apply for the positions as below:
Position Name: Faculty Affairs Officer
Affiliation: Schwarzman College, Tsinghua University
Department: Academic Affairs
Hiring Number: 1-2
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Daily Support to the faculty (Visiting Professors, Chair VIPs, Residence Professors and Visiting Scholars, etc.), included but not limited to:
- Act as liaison, responsible for coordinating before and after the visiting professor’s arriving;
- Responsible for the process after the professor’s arriving, support him/her to familiar with the campus;
- Responsible for the daily request and contact from the faculty, assisting to find out the right person to solve the problem;
- Act as a member of Urgent Response Group, solve the urgent problem for the faculty and family members;
- Collect the feedback from the faculty;
- Assist with other issue for the faculty.
2. Organize the events for the faculty:
- Assist with the faculty meetings, such as release the Ads, prepare the materials and coordinate;
- Assist with the faculty to contact the liaison as needed in the campus
- Collect and release the events information
3. Implement the process required by the Department of International Affairs, Tsinghua University, included but not limited to:
- Make timeline for the whole process;
- Work on the invitation letter, assist with the lone term/short term visa, and the Certificate of Foreign Expert;
- Residence Permit and the relevant issue;
- Declare the Honorary title of the Visiting Professors.
4. Other affairs of the faculty:
- Maintain the database and the information per faculty community online;
- Implement and update the process;
- Coordinate the office time of faculty affairs department.
5. Other tasks from the office: Assist with the events and other tasks as needed.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin;
- At least Bachelor’s Degree;
- At lease three-year full-time experience;
- Hard-working, passionate, patient and well organized;
- Passionate about education, sense of service-oriented, self-driven, and strong responsibility;
- Strong capability of team work, cross-culture communication and multi-tasks solving, can smoothly deal with the urgent issue;
- Can accept the flexible working time (midnight and weekend). Can accept the extra work during the busy season;
- Experience of international conference, secretary to senior manager above, client/faculty relationship maintenance and administration in education industry will be considered as priority;
- Experience of studying abroad will be considered as priority.
Salary & Benefit:
- Tsinghua Contract Terms of Appointment
- Global and cross-culture atmosphere, working with talent team members
Send your resume in bilingual languages (English and Chinese) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org