Who are Beijing Field Studies?
Beijing Field Studies helps students to reconnect with nature and learn about the environment through interactive, educational field trips. Since 2017, we have inspired thousands of Beijing’s international students to engage with the natural environment and landscape through engaging trips and activities from bird watching to nature bingo, and plant identication to forest survival shelter building.
Our trips are available to students aged 4-14, with subject focusses ranges across history, science, literacy, sustainability, team-building and the natural world. Working with a variety of different partners, all of our field trips take place in stunningly beautiful natural areas and parks in and around Beijing.
BFS is seeking a qualified intern with enthusiasm and passion for environmental learning, scientific enquiry and the outdoors. Interns will be responsible for assisting with programme development, writing promotional material and maintaining the online presence of BFS.
We are looking for a bright and proactive individual to work on our BFS team to support students in learning environmental science and sustainability through our field trips. We value the skills of our interns and are committed to developing them for their future careers, whatever that may be.
As part of the team, you will gain a deep understanding of outdoor and experiential education and how to build a programme that lives and breathes sustainability, as well as how to deliver successful field trips in a range of environments .
- Programme development – Creating and maintaining up-to-date documentation and availability for upcoming field trips.
- Sustainability integration – Developing and integrating sustainability protocols into the programme.
- Field trip delivery – Leading, running and participating in activities and logistics during field trips.
- Student support – Providing high-quality, enthusiastic and thoughtful support to students throughout field trips.
- Administrative support – Attending meetings, participating in training and social/networking
- Based in Beijing
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree or
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Proven interest and experience in environmental science and the outdoors.
- Be a self-starter, ready to take the initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication
What we offer:
- Paid internship
- Flexible work locations with offices in Dongdaqiao and Maquanying.
- Negotiable hours.
- Working with an awesome team
- Developing expertise in sustainability, the environment and the great outdoors
How to apply:
If you would like to commit some of your time to engage in really rewarding and impactful field trips that develop students’ love for the great outdoors, or set up a conversation to find out more, please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com