General Manager- Asia
thebigword is a global, technology enabled language solutions provider that delivers translation (written word) and interpreting (spoken word) services. thebigword employs 500 people based in 13 offices in 11 countries, working with more than 12,000 linguists worldwide. https://en-gb.thebigword.com/
At the centre of thebigword approach is delivering customer focussed solutions, of the highest possible quality and making the global communication process smooth for over 2,500 public and private sector clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic General Manager to lead the teams across our Asia Offices located in Beijing and Tokyo. As General Manager for Asia, you will work closely with both the Head of Operations and your teams to support the business in achieving commercial and customer targets in order to continue the growth of this fast paced, dynamic technology Group.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the day to day running of the business; including client revenue growth and retention, new business generation, operational and people management.
- Managing company P&L. You will be responsible for the delivery of target P&L performance in your region
- Responsibility of site management (facilities) and Health & Safety
- Calculate, negotiate and manage specific departmental budgets in conjunction with the finance team
- Grow external engagement to increase the awareness of thebigword brand and generate best practice initiatives which will support growth and retention
- Be the corporate representative and ambassador for thebigword in your regions at all levels
- Review and influence the business learning and development strategy ensuring staff are continually developed and quality standards are delivered
- Track, report and manage commissions and incentive schemes in line with budget
- Conduct operational due diligence on acquisitions/mergers
- Ensure an effective 24/7 operational model is in place with appropriate escalation where necessary
- Identify and implement initiatives to increase gross margin, reduce operational cost and contribute towards net margin
- Owning and managing new client and supplier implementation programmes, liaising with key stakeholders
- Expanding thebigword’s current client base
- Accountability for improving client and customer satisfaction and engagement levels (CSAT)
- Delivering corporate strategy and goals throughout your region across all levels
Key Knowledge skills and experience required:
- Proven experience in a similar role and level
- Industry highly preferential (LSP)
- Proven experience of managing an operations team at a senior and strategic level
- You will have great people skills whilst being able to build robust client relationships
- Previous experience of client and stakeholder management at a senior level. Be a strong influencer without using positional power
- Experience of revenue forecasting, managing budgets and delivering into operational costs
- Implementing of large and complex clients and driving efficiencies to deliver profit margins
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of a fast paced, environment, working to tight deadlines
- Motivated to drive the company forward in both revenue and market position
- Demonstrable experience of P&L management and delivery
- Experience/ understanding of LEAN six- sigma methodologies and principles
- Experience of managing and working with global and diverse teams
- Self-motivated, driven, solutions orientated, capable of working cross functionally to deliver solutions and results
thebigword offers a full training and support program with competitive rates of pay and the opportunity to be part of the most prestigious and fastest growing language service organisations.
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the necessary requirements to fit the role, then please apply https://rss.cm/job/2219/341/
Please note: Due to the nature of our business, all successful applicants will be required to complete a basic criminal records disclosure.
thebigword is committed to encouraging diversity and opposing all forms of discrimination in our working environment. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. As an international company that operates worldwide and due to the nature of our industry we are a multicultural company. We have a large diverse client base which demands diversity amongst our employees to be able to service our clients effectively, thus meaning we employ people from different cultures and we do not discriminate against people on grounds of race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion/belief, age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage, civil partnerships, pregnancy, maternity or disability