Based in the Shanghai HQ and responsible for the implementation of the communications plan using traditional, digital and social media platforms that supports and advances the mission, vision and values, and positive image of EiM, Education in Motion.
The role has responsibility for the direction of the communications program to parents, students, staff and other external parties working closely with all internal departments to support their communication needs. Reporting to the Group Director of AMC, the postholder works directly with Marketing, Admissions and Customer Experience teams, and in close collaboration with the Education Leadership team.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience with digital communication and social media, and be able to use all in combination to effectively convey and advance the vision of EiM. It is essential that the incumbent has strong respect for and understanding of Education and putting “Students First”.
Key areas of responsibility
- Implement a strategic communications plan across all internal and external stakeholders
- Develop the communications promise between EiM, DCI and the Heads of College/Directors
- Work with the College Heads of Communications to plan, deliver and measure communications programs for their schools in line with the Group strategic objectives
- Develop the parent’s communications strategy, set parent communications protocols and guidelines for colleges to execute. Develop the parent portal framework working with IT to ensure that the platform is in place to deliver the strategy
- Support the Group’s broad communications initiatives by providing high-level written materials with consistent messaging; support writing needs for key events, annual reports, and other publications; serve as general editor, as well as contributor, for publications; overseeing assignments, content, editorial, design, production, distribution, and post- production
- Produce internal communications (announcements, newsletters etc.), as required
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Communications, managing deadlines and production schedules; supervising contracted service providers (e.g., graphic artists); maintaining effective systems for the department’s management, including responsible budgeting and staffing and performing administrative tasks, as needed, to maintain effective operations
- Develop crisis communications strategy, manage crisis media relations and develop training to support colleges: ensure statements are crafted, sent to media outlets
- Implement, monitor, and maintain the brand image/language and communication style guide
- Provide for ongoing visual documentation: manage and oversee photography and video production; maintain photo and video library for use in publications
- Maintain quality and freshness of the Group’s web presence through regular content updates/modifications/additions to website and social media outlets; monitor sites for timeliness, accuracy, and navigation effectiveness
- Strategic communicator: ability to develop a communications plan/strategy in a collaborative manner; ability to adapt and work independently, inter-departmentally, and as part of project-based teams, as required
- Exceptional writer: excellent writing and editing skills, and demonstrated knowledge of the English language, particularly grammar and punctuation; ability to curate and craft messages quickly and under pressure; ability to proof read/copy edit material and perform research
- Exceptional oral communication skills: ability to communicate in person, on the telephone, and in writing in a clear and courteous manner; ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills: professional demeanour; the ability to collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization to successfully support each department’s objectives; a collaborative approach to problem-solving. Ability to establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with media outlets, as needed, including local publications and broadcaster
- Leadership: proven success of leading a network of communications experts and working with and coaching senior executives. Ability to manage internal and external production personnel in areas of print, photography, web presence, video production, and copywriting
- An authentic alignment with the mission and values of Education in Motion: understanding of and support for the Group’s mission, and a commitment to ensure that all aspects of the communications program are always mission-aligned; respect for and understanding of Education
- Customer Experience: Strong commitment to excellence for all deliverables
- Project Management: Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail.
Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Integrity: Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and the integrity related to all aspects of information disseminated within or external to the Group
- Technical Skills: Understanding of social media platforms and the ability to create a meaningful and visible web presence for the Group; experience with website content management and design, social media platforms; and online tools and software for editing video, photos, and audio; demonstrated ability to comprehend and discuss technology with strategic partners
- Preferably a higher degree in communications, journalism, public relations, English, or writing- intensive discipline (Bachelor’s degree considered, based on equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of experience in communications (writing, editing, journalism, and/or public relations) with a minimum of 5 years in a management role (experience in or exposure to an Education setting is preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in implementing a comprehensive strategic communications plan to advance an organisation’s mission and goals
For further information, please contact Jenny Zou: email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 28th February 2022.