About Craigclowan Xi’an
Craigclowan Preschool, Xi’an is the first overseas branch of the Craigclowan School, UK. It reflects the British school’s excellent academic experience and rich British heritage. Craigclowan Preschool, Xi’an uses the British curriculum, inspection methods, child protection procedures, and teacher training for 3-13 years children’s international education, and the British school’ s indoor and outdoor design. Meanwhile, it combines the Chinese Teaching Guideline for Preschool Education, Early Learning and Development Guidelines for Children Aged 2 to 6 Years with the UK’s EYFS, so that every child can be happy, learn and become the best version of themself.
As a school community, Craigclowan Preschool, Xi’an aims to:
- Encourage academic opportunities and to develop intellectual curiosities within a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Promote a unified, supportive, family community based on world values, communication and confidence
- Recognise each child’s potential and provide the best start to their life within a natural environment, enabling them to succeed in their own abilities.
- Prepare and inspire children to be responsible citizens and leaders for an ever-changing world.
About the position
The Head of Craigclowan Xi’an is a senior leadership position, with overall responsibility for the campus. He or she will have considerable freedom in implementing the EYFS and Forest School curricula. The Head works in close collaboration with the school’s Chinese Director who will be responsible for government relations and the daily management of the school. The Head also collaborates closely with the board officer of Craigclowan Xi’an.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Working in close collaboration with the school’s Chinese Director together to provide overall leadership for Craigclowan Xi’an.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for students and staff.
- Ensure that the academic program is implemented in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of Craigclowan Xi’an.
- Provide inspirational leadership for the education and well-being of the children.
- Provide professional forest education courses for children.
- Lead ongoing development of the curriculum, and of the assessment and reporting of student progress.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with parents in support of each student’s education.
- Implement the recruitment, appraisal, motivation and retention of teachers.
- Establish and maintain high professional expectations for all teachers and staff.
- Support and participate in marketing activities.
- Ensure the understanding and implementation of all Craigclowan policies and procedures.
- Provide regular reports to the Chairman of the Craigclowan Xi’an Advisory Board.
- University degree or above in education or a related field.
- At least 5 years working experience as Head or academic director in early education.
- Familiar with EYFS framework and practical. (Or more than 8 years preschool teaching experience.）
- Familiar with all kinds of mainstream curriculum systems.
- Experience of and/or commitment to collaborating in the development and implementation of a bilingual/dual language program for early learners.
- Strong leadership capacity; evidence of effective school leadership is desirable.
- Strong desire to work with both local and international teachers and to work in, and facilitate the creation of, collaborative teams.
- High emotional intelligence, including the capacity to respond with compassion and firmness while maintaining the respect of parents, students and colleagues from different cultures.