Are you a creative, motivated individual who would like to gain hands-on experience in marketing and events?
Would you like the challenge to create marketing materials and articles for an audience of over 20,000 people?
Are you excited by the opportunity to join over 30 events per year, and to have your own creative input?
Do you enjoy meeting new people and making connections?
The British Chamber is looking for a Marketing and Events Intern to join our dynamic business organisation – read on to see if this could be the role for you!
About the Chamber
As the independent voice of British business in China we:
- Advocate for our members companies issues and concerns
- Produce knowledge insights and thought-leadership pieces on UK-China relations and beyond
- Bring the community together through high-profile British events every year, such as our British Ball and Highland Games
As our Marketing and Events Intern, you would work on marketing of all our events and activities, support our communications with members and the general public, and work our our exciting and varied events calendar for the year – the more new, creative ideas you can bring, the better!
What to expect as our Marketing & Events Intern?
The British Chamber is looking for someone who will:
- Come up with new, creative ideas for the Chamber’s marketing channels or events programme
- Grow the Chamber’s social media platforms through engaging and interesting content
- Create design elements for events and marketing – everything from backdrops and posters to infographics and quote cards
- Develop your skills in copywriting and design to create attractive marketing campaigns for upcoming events
- Support on the British Chamber’s regular communications with members and the general public – weekly newsletters, WeChat and LinkedIn posts
- Assist with events management – from sector roundtables to high-profile community events and galas
- Support communication with members, vendors and other stakeholders
What do we offer for our interns?
- A dynamic working environment where you’ll have the freedom to share your own ideas and put them into action
- The opportunity to interact with a wide range of British business leaders across all sectors to grow and develop your professional network
- Free place on our Young Professionals Development Programme (from September to December)
- An incredible office in the CBD with unlimited tea and coffee
- Free gym access to the Trainyard – in Hotel Jen
- Career development and mentorship from the Chamber’s executive committee
- The opportunity to have a genuine impact
What do we expect from you?
- Fluent English – our key marketing channels are English-language, but Chinese language ability is also desirable
- Based in Beijing – able to work in-office 3-5 days a week and start immediately
- Background in marketing, communications, events, business, languages, international relations or other relevant areas
- A foundational interest and understanding of UK-China relations and British business culture
- Strong work ethic and creative ideas
- Good writing and communication abilities
- Graphic design skills (Canva, Photoshop etc.) are a plus
- Basic IT skills (including Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite)
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 31 March 2023.
Please note that interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and you are encouraged to apply at your earliest convenience.