We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated self-starter to join as part of the International Marketing team as an International Officer, within our Brand and Marketing Department.
The post-holder will be expected to implement the marketing and recruitment activities across China, manage relationships with a diverse network of stakeholders ranging from academics and government bodies, to students, agents, schools and universities, and provide operational support to Regional Manager (East Asia).
The role requires a candidate with an aptitude for problem solving and multitasking, excellent communication skills and the ability to demonstrate a genuine commitment to providing high standards in customer service. Experience working within an international environment or previous experience in Higher Education or student recruitment is required. The post-holder will report to and be supported by Regional Manager (East Asia).
- Work closely with colleagues across the Marketing Team (Digital, Data, UK and Portfolio Marketing) as well as teams across Admissions, Global Engagement, Centre for Doctoral Studies, Careers & Employability, Alumni Office etc. to develop and implement marketing and recruitment activities.
- Represent King’s across a broad range of marketing activities in-country, including education exhibitions, school and university presentations as well as independent marketing and recruitment events.
- Develop effective working relationships with a range of external audiences, including partners and representatives, professional organisations such as British Council, UKVI, CSC etc.
- Provide operational support to King’s network of agent representatives in China to achieve recruitment targets.
- Develop and manage the digital and printed marketing materials to support King’s marketing activities in China.
- Work closely with Digital team and digital agencies to support King’s China digital marketing initiatives including social media, paid media and content marketing.
- Contribute to the drafting and implementation of relevant marketing plans and associated targets (including required market research) for the China market.
- Provide marketing intelligence to the Regional Manager on relevant areas impacting marketing and student recruitment within the region.
- Support colleagues and academic staff when in China on university business.
- Perform other such duties as specified by the Regional Manager/Head of International Marketing.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Good knowledge of the UK Higher Education sector
- High proficiency in English and Mandarin, with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences at all levels both orally (including delivering presentations) and in writing
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of digital marketing methods
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, with a strong sense of responsibility and resilience
- Team player with excellent work ethics and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexibly including travelling extensively in China and working during unsociable hours in the evenings and at weekends
- Postgraduate or professional marketing qualification
- Experience of studying in the UK
- Experience in recruitment of Chinese students for UK higher education programmes
- Experience in digital marketing (e.g. email marketing, social media, paid media, CRM)
- Ability to assess and analyse data and market trends to inform recruitment strategies
- Experience of project management with proven administrative and organisational skills
Benefits & Conditions of Employment
The postholder will administratively report to CBBC’s office manager in Beijing, and functionally report to and be supported by Regional Manager (East Asia) at King’s College London based in CBBC’s Beijing Office.
CBBC offer competitive packages which include basic gross salary, social insurance (CBBC cover both employee and company contributions), medical insurance, and generous leave entitlement.
The gross annual package for this position is RMB 156,000 – RMB 182,000 with annual pro rata leave entitlement of 22-days for Chinese nationals.
Interested candidates are invited to send a one-page cover letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements and an indication of your current salary and expected salary together with detailed CV to the following email address: email@example.com. Please use “King’s College London International Officer Job – Candidate Name” as the subject of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a cover letter and use wrong subject of email will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 11th June 2021. Shortlisted applicants are likely to be invited for interview in Beijing in mid-June.