International School Admissions Consultant
(Friday to Sunday; three days a week)
The Tree is a Beijing learning centre that acts as a bridge between Chinese and international education. We are a truly international organisation that offers a friendly, positive work environment where both students and staff can explore their creativity, undertake personal growth and really make ideas happen.
The Tree is also the home of Inkbeat Arts and Beijing Field Studies; two dynamic start-up projects that bring creative arts education and outdoor education to students from Beijing international schools.
The Tree is part of Atlas Education which also runs summer courses in the UK, has a project in twenty-five public schools and supports a number of non-profit organisations focused on children’s education for marginalized groups.
We are looking for a positive, engaging and organized consultant to join the team in our tutorial college. This challenging role will help to support Chinese students applying to international schools in Beijing and UK/US boarding schools.
- Bachelor degree from a top university
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Majority A-A* GCSE and A-Levels
- Ability to teach math/science preferred
- A PGCE, CELTA, DELTA or equivalent teaching qualification preferred
- Plan, deliver and assess bespoke one-to-one and small group classes to students applying to or currently studying in international schools
- Provide exam support for international school admissions tests (MAP, CAT4 etc.) and public examinations (GCSE, A-Level, IB etc.)
- Commit to personal development, ongoing training, team curriculum development and school improvement throughout the year
- Work closely with Study Progress Consultants and consultant management team to provide feedback to parents
- Be fully accountable for the ongoing success of students
This Job Suits:
A highly motivated individual who is looking for time to learn Chinese, volunteer, do academic research or develop their own creative projects. Consultants cannot undertake paid employment with other companies during their non-work days.
- Full work visa (Z-visa)
- Medical Insurance provided
- Salary: 15,000RMB per month
- Schedule: Friday-Sunday 8.30am-6pm
- Maximum 14 hours teaching time over three days
- Other week days can be used to do paid work on our other projects such as research and writing work for international governments and NGOs
- Opportunity to teach intensively over the seven weeks of summer for up to 11,000RMB a week or take seven weeks unpaid holiday
- Location: Chaoyang, Beijing
Interested in Applying?
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to apply; please let us know where you saw this and put job title in the heading of the email.