The Tree is a Beijing learning centre that acts as a bridge between Chinese and international education. We are a truly international organisation that offers a friendly, positive work environment where both students and staff can explore their creativity, undertake personal growth and really make ideas happen.
The Tree is also the home of Inkbeat Arts and Beijing Field Studies; two dynamic start-up projects that bring creative arts education and outdoor education to students from Beijing international schools.
The Tree is part of Atlas Education which also runs summer courses in the UK, has a project in twenty-five public schools and supports a number of non-profit organisations focused on children’s education for marginalized groups.
Cross-Curricular Consultant Responsibilities
- Plan, deliver and assess bespoke one-to-one sessions and small group workshops to students K-13
- Provide exam support for international school’s admissions tests and public examinations such as MAP, CAT4, SSAT and GCSEs.
- Collaboratively plan, team-teach and assess at least 3 x 5-week project-based-learning class projects over the course of the academic year
- Lead 1-2 weekly enrichment activities per year based on your own interests. These have formerly included astronomy, baking and graffiti.
- Contribute to PE classes and specialist enterprise days, workshops, projects and activities throughout the year
- Support Behavior For Learning systems consistently within the Learning center, and contribute to their continued development
- Commit to ongoing training, team curriculum development and school improvement throughout the year
- Work closely with Study Progress Consultants and the management to provide daily feedback to parents and ensure students are fully supported
- A PGCE, CELTA, TESOL, DELTA; we can be a little flexible if you graduated from a top university or you’re really willing to learn
- Least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Empathy, communication, creativity, strong desire for personal growth and passion towards developing a positive international team
- A willingness to take accountability for student and personal success
- Degree in education or school subject (math, science, English etc.)
- Teaching experience in the UK, US or Australia
- Some fluency in Mandarin
- Experience working with Chinese students
- 15,000-32,000RMB per month
- Salary increase every year after performance review
- Regular hours: 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday; no work on weekends
- Full work visa (Z-Visa, if requirements are met)
- Medical Insurance provided
- 10 days paid leave plus Christmas week, Spring Festival week and other Chinese public holidays (excluding Golden Week in October)
- Opportunity to work intensively during the seven weeks of summer for up to 11,000RMB a week; or take seven weeks unpaid leave.
- Located in Chaoyang, Beijing; Opposite The French School
Interested in applying?
Please send your CV and cover letter explain why you are awesome to email@example.com to apply; please mention how you heard about us and put the job title in the subject line of the email. Look forward to hearing from you!