The Hutong is China’s leading provider of experiential education travel programs, primarily targeting K-12 students. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our vision to be a world leader in inspiring growth and creating a positive impact through experiential education. This is a freelance role and can be based anywhere in China, but there may be opportunities for full time positions down the line in our offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei.
The Hutong is an award winning organisation with a people centric approach. We were nominated as finalists for ‘Best Employer’ at the 2020 British Business Awards, ‘Employee Engagement’ at the 2021 China Social Impact Awards and ‘Company of The Year’ (SME) at the 2022 British Business Awards. In 2021 we also won the ‘Best Education Supplier’ and ‘School Heads Choice’ Awards at the British Schools Awards, ensuring our brand is synonymous with high quality.
The Hutong is merely the sum of our parts and we know that our people are at the centre of every success. We want to ensure that we’re not only providing industry competitive compensation and benefits packages but are also providing an exceptional place to work, learn and grow, for every single Hutonger, regardless of role, age, race, sexual orientation or gender.
The Logistics Manager (LM) is ultimately accountable for ensuring a Hutong program serves the unique needs of our clients and runs as smooth as possible while delivering on The Hutong’s Mission to provide exceptional cultural experiences in a fun, learning environment.
As the logistical leader and “Future Buddha” of the program, the LM is responsible for administering and coordinating all logistics throughout the Program’s Life Cycle:
As the lead external face of The Hutong with our vendors, the LM is responsible for making all bookings and ensuring our Brand Promise of Professionalism, Partnership, and Consistency. As an important leader of the program team, the LM also shares responsibility with the Program Manager for empowering the team and enabling them for success throughout all duties and responsibilities of the Program’s Life Cycle.
|Intellectual + Personal:|
Communication – Oral
Communication – Written
● Leads by example in living The Hutong Core Values before, during, and after a program
● Is organized and timely with program task management
● Ensures our dedication to service excellence is met
● Ensures our brand promise of Professionalism, Partnership, and Consistency is met
● Promotes a culture of safety and The Hutong’s “Intervene because you care” mindset
● Recognizes the importance of feedback as a tool for growth and seeks it at all levels
● Approaches challenges proactively and with a positive mindset
● Enables and empowers team members, vendors, and local partners through effective delegation
● Ensures the well-being of vendors, local partners, and program team members
● Communicates honestly, respectfully, and with positive intentions
● Coaches our vendors and partners so as to grow, develop, and improve our partnerships
● Possesses a Yes can! attitude and promotes a “growth mindset”
● Provide consistently high quality and innovative educational experiences for international student groups
● Encourage students to be creative, curious, and think critically through attending The Hutong’s programs and interacting with The Hutong staff
|Compensation and Benefits:|
The Hutong Education compensates Logistic Managers with industry-competitive wages based on an individual’s relevant work experience. Longer term contracts are availability for those with experience and wider availability. More details regarding compensation will be provided upon application.
Here are some benefits you can expect as a Freelancer with The Hutong:
- All work related travel, accommodation and meals covered
- Personal budgets for laundry, phone credit and entertainment
- Timely payments – we guarantee to get you paid quickly
- Working alongside an incredible team of professionals from around the world
- Learning and development opportunities with trainings offered throughout the year
- Access to our ‘Level-Up’ training scheme, for those looking to accelerate their careers
- Regular and fun staff events and functions throughout the year
- Free cooking classes and workshops at our cultural exchange centre in Beijing, plus member’s discounts
- Drop into our offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei anytime for a cup of tea
You can find more information on our website: https://education.thehutong.com/
Please email your CV/Resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please note for successful applicants we will require references and a security background check.