Who we are
Zhilang Technology Co., Ltd. is a subsidiary of Circle Gas Ltd., a UK company. Our mission is to bring affordable LPG cooking into millions of homes, starting in Kenya and Tanzania. Our cutting-edge Pay-as-you-go Technology makes the switch from unhealthy, environmentally damaging charcoal and kerosene to clean, safe LPG possible. The application of our R&D in IoT, AWS, microfluidics, semiconductors and data analytics will transform the lives of millions of families who wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford gas for cooking.
Now is the most exciting time in our company’s story so far, as we have proven our technology and are expanding rapidly. We are looking for passionate, resourceful, and adaptable people to join us at this exciting point on our journey.
Who we are looking for
We are still a young company, so our culture is dynamic, but with over 100 employees across China (and over 1,000 globally) we are not a start-up anymore. Some of the key values that help our team members thrive here are:
- Teamwork: we are spread out between Beijing, Hangzhou, and Ningbo, plus London, Nairobi, and Dar es Salaam, so we count on good communication, collaboration, and flexibility to meet our ambitious goals.
- Innovation: we are constantly looking for ways to improve our products and invent new ones, working closely with our customers in Africa as well as with leading Chinese universities. Creative problem solving is key to our success and maintaining our position as the world’s leading pay-as-you-go LPG Smart Meter company.
- Honesty: if you have feedback, we want to hear it! We value transparency and want to help overcome challenges and learn from our mistakes.
We are looking for an analytical, business-minded machine learning engineer to structure and analyze big data sets from our global customers.
- Design, build, automate, deploy and maintain machine learning production pipelines.
- Implement machine learning model lifecycle management, including automated model performance evaluation and retraining.
- Build models to solve critical business needs
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to integrate machine learning into the wider company technology platform.
- Write clear technical documentation and communicate processes and results effectively, both at the team level as well as across the company.
- 3+ years of experience in a Machine Learning Engineer or Applied Scientist role
- Familiarity with broad range of Machine Learning techniques and relevant statistical packages to engineer Machine Learning solutions end-to-end.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages, Python, Spark, Git and additional large-scale data tools.
- Experience in contributing to production code bases. Ability to rapidly prototype algorithmic ideas in notebook environments and translate them into production code.
- Curious business attitude with an ability to condense complex concepts and models into clear and concise takeaways that drive action
- Advanced English skills, written and oral
- Based in Hangzhou, China
- Our company uses AWS primarily so it will be a bonus familiarity with AWS Sagemaker. Pipelines, Lamda, DynamoDB and Quicksight
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Sound like you? Please send your CV to Laura: firstname.lastname@example.org