The British Chamber of Commerce and CBBC are currently looking to recruit a candidate for the following position, which will be based in Beijing.
The successful candidate will play a leading role in communicating the British Chamber and CBBC to a wide range of audiences through a variety of new and traditional channels, and integrating our online presence with our offline activities to better grow and support our member companies.
This is an excellent opportunity to take on an integrated communications role within a fast-growing organisation that boasts a unique heritage and identity. Working closely with our team around China, the job holder will produce high quality English-language content – including articles, features and reports – on a wide range of commercial topics for distribution to our members via email, Web and our “Focus” magazine. He or she will also be responsible for preparing certain marketing content and materials.
As social media becomes ever more crucial to communications in China, we are particularly keen to attract someone experienced in marketing via WeChat and other Chinese platforms who can act as a “Digital Champion” for the organisation to ensure that we remain relevant
The ability to produce content quickly and accurately is paramount, as are good analytical skills and the ability to identify and assess key trends and patterns. An outgoing personality and a willingness to engage pro-actively with our China-wide team and members are essential.
- Set up marketing contents for all platforms to promote on-going events, projects and campaigns towards various stakeholders
- Content planning and news generation through various communications channels as CBBC & Chamber official websites, newsletter, and social media e.g. Sina Weibo, WeChat, corporate positioning, product launches, advertising and sales collateral marketing.
- Build relationships with external media and other stakeholders.
- Draft English press releases for relevant programmes and activities.
- Manage the media relationship with the media base in China.
- Maintain and manage the marketing budget and expenditures.
- Develop and implement a communications plan producing up-to-date communication key messages to internal teams and external stakeholders.t.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Able to demonstrate excellent writing skills (writing samples will be requested)
- Able to produce accurate, well-written copy in an organised and timely fashion
- Have a proven interest in China, especially its economy and business environment
- A native English speaker; Chinese language skills highly desirable
- Well organised with strong analytical skills
- An outgoing, self-starter
- Strong team player with excellent people skills.
- Educated to undergraduate degree level or higher.
- Good writing skills. Basic design skills would also be a major advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to send a written application letter together with their detailed CV, an indication of expected salary, and relevant supporting certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th May, 2017.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.
About BritCham and CBBC
The British Chamber of Commerce and China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) are the leading organisations helping UK companies of all sizes and sectors, whether new entrants or established operations. With over 60 years of history, our united presence consists of 15 offices across China and 11 in the UK, and we support some 1,000 companies doing business between the two countries. We offer practical in-market assistance, services, industry initiatives and a membership programme delivering access, seminars and networking.
CBBC and the Chamber work closely with partners across the UK and China, including a major trade services agreement with the UK Department for International Trade. For more information about us, please click HERE to visit our website.