The British Chamber of Commerce and China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) are the leading organisations helping UK companies of all sizes and sectors, whether new entrants or established operations. With over 60 years of history, our united presence consists of 13 offices across China and 10 in the UK, and we support some 900 companies doing business between the two countries. We offer practical in-market assistance, services, industry initiatives and a membership programme delivering access, seminars and networking.
CBBC and the Chamber work closely with partners across the UK and China, including a major trade services agreement with the UK Department for International Trade. For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org and https://www.britishchamber.cn/
The British Chamber of Commerce is currently looking to recruit a candidate for the following position, which will be based in Beijing.
British Chamber Of Commerce
Package: RMB8,000 -10,000/Month, based on qualification and experience
Essential duties and responsibilities:
As Membership Executive you will have strong customer service and communication skills, established business knowledge, good organizational skills and a focus on attention to detail. You will be responsible for playing a role in recruiting new members and ensuring established members are given full support with regard to membership enquiries and engagement. As deemed necessary you will be expected to support other staff members both CBBC and BCCC on Membership matters. At times you will be requested to make yourself available to understand the business needs of members. Also to visit appropriate potential and existing members and promote the full services that we offer.
Your main responsibilities include the following and any other duties that may arise in the course of your work.
- Membership: To build up a good relationship, in particular the Beijing region, with existing members and potential members via day-to-day communications. To implement the membership strategy of BCCC/CBBC, focusing on promotional activities and incentives that will enhance the value of our offering to members and where appropriate generate revenue through sponsorship activities.
- To contribute to membership growth, the Membership Executive will work under the direction of the BCCC Membership Director, with colleagues in other departments in Beijing/ Shanghai to develop a pipeline of potential members to ensure seamless communication when conveying the benefits of BCCC/CBBC membership.
- To retain existing members, the Membership Executive will work closely with the membership team and relationship managers to ensure that we have a good understanding of Member needs, and to ensure that benefits of members are felt by all relevant contacts
- Communication: To work with the marketing team in providing good communication links with member clients. This is to be achieved by distributing publicity media available to the organization. Your daily work in this regard includes coordinating information collection for the members mailing, Focus magazine and other marketing channels.
- Enquiries: To answer enquiries from members, potential members and the general public regarding the membership matters.
- Events and Activities: The Membership Executive will be responsible for developing and delivering a number of BCCC/CBBC member activities, events etc and for promoting opportunities and initiatives in other parts of China to Members in Beijing.
- Opportunities: To look out for specific opportunities that may benefit members and consider developing strategic links that will service members’ interests, feeding these into wider offerings as indicated by the BCCC Membership Director.
- Data analysis: To provide monthly analysis report to BCCC EXCO and the Head of Membership team.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, highly motivated, IT literate, an excellent organiser and communicator, an active listener and a team player with a proven ability to work independently. Specific requirements for the role are as follows:
- Strong communication skills and proactive attitude towards problem-solving;
- Membership organisation experience is desirable;
- Willing to face clients and answer their inquiries;
- Ability to adapt to changes and respond positively;
- At least 1-3 years’ working experience in an international environment;
- Business development and Sales experience is desirable;
- Ability to analyse data and identify and manage risks;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Bachelor’s degree or above;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese;
- Self-motivated and open mind
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements together with detailed CV in both English and Chinese, an indication of your current salary to the following email address:
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a covering letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 8th September, 2018.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.