British Chamber of Commerce & China-Britain Business Council
The British Chamber of Commerce and China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) are the leading organisations helping UK companies of all sizes and sectors, whether new entrants or established operations. With over 60 years of history, our united presence consists of 13 offices across China and 10 in the UK, and we support some 900 companies doing business between the two countries. We offer practical in-market assistance, services, industry initiatives and a membership programme delivering access, seminars and networking.
CBBC and the Chamber work closely with partners across the UK and China, including a major trade services agreement with the UK Department for International Trade. For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org and https://www.britishchamber.cn/
The British Chamber of Commerce is currently looking to recruit a candidate for the following position, which will be based in Beijing.
British Chamber Of Commerce
Package: Competitive salary, based on qualification and experience
Essential duties and responsibilities:
As Membership Manager you will have strong customer service and communication skills, established business knowledge, good organisational skills and an attention to detail. You will be responsible for playing a central role in recruiting new members and ensuring established members are given full support with regard to membership enquiries and engagement. As deemed necessary, you will be expected to support other staff members on membership matters and have a good overview of exactly how the chamber works in conjunction with the CBBC. At times you will be requested to make yourself available to understand the business needs of members. You will also be expected to visit potential and existing members and promote the full range of services that we offer.
Your main responsibilities include the following and any other duties that may arise in the course of your work.
- Membership: To build and maintain a good relationship with existing members and potential members (with a focus on the Beijing region) via day-to-day communications. To implement the membership strategy of BCCC/CBBC, focusing on membership benefits and incentives that will enhance the value of our offering to members and where appropriate generate revenue through sponsorship activities.
- To contribute to membership growth, the Membership Manager will work under the direction of the BCCC Managing Director, with colleagues in other departments in Beijing to develop a pipeline of potential members to ensure seamless communication when conveying the benefits of BCCC/CBBC membership.
- To retain existing members, the Membership Manager will work closely with CBBC sector directors and the membership team to ensure that we have a good understanding of Member needs, and to ensure that benefits of members are felt by all relevant contacts. The membership manager will also update the renewal pipeline spreadsheet and ensure that members reply to invoices in a timely fashion. Feedback will also be collected and documented if a member decides not to renew membership.
- Points of contact: the Membership Manager will help ensure that BCCC/CBBC have the relevant (up-to-date contacts for companies established after each renewal) the contacts will then be input to the system.
- To stay in contact with the BCCC/CBBC rep offices in order to find out about potential opportunities/problems regarding membership nationwide
- Communication: To work with the marketing team in providing good communication links with member clients. This is to be achieved by distributing publicity available to the organization. Your daily work in this regard includes coordinating information collection for the members mailing, Focus magazine and other marketing channels.
- Enquiries: To answer enquiries from members, potential members and the general public regarding membership matters. This will consist of emails, phone calls and face-to-face consultations.
- Events and Activities: The Membership Manager will be responsible for developing and delivering a number of BCCC/CBBC member activities, events etc. and for promoting opportunities and initiatives in other parts of China to members in Beijing. The manager will also work closely with the events team to ensure that members who want to sponsor or participate in events are appropriately introduced.
- Opportunities: To look out for specific opportunities that may benefit members and consider developing strategic links that will service members’ interests, feeding these into wider offerings as indicated by the BCCC Managing Director and CBBC team.
- Data analysis: To provide monthly analysis report to BCCC Executive Committee and the Head of the membership team.
- Customer service: to keep the email templates, thank you letters, membership/events pack up-to-date and to look at potential improvements in the way this process is done.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, highly motivated, IT literate, an excellent organiser and communicator, an active listener and a team player with a proven ability to work independently. Specific requirements for the role are as follows:
- Strong communication skills and proactive attitude towards problem solving;
- Membership organisation experience is desirable;
- Willingness to face clients and answer their inquiries;
- Ability to adapt to changes and respond positively;
- At least 3-5 years’ working experience in an international environment;
- Business development and sales experience is desirable;
- Ability to analyse data and identify and manage risks;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Bachelor’s degree or above;
- Good command of both written and spoken English;
- Self-motivated and open mind
Interested candidates are invited to send a written application letter together with their detailed CV, an indication of expected salary, and relevant supporting certificates to email@example.com by 30th June, 2018.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.