Intralink is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic candidate for a client-facing, business development/sales/strategy consultancy role.
The role offers the successful candidate valuable career-building experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with European, Middle Eastern and North American governments in the Chinese market.
Key responsibilities include foreign direct investment attraction, government & business delegation visit coordination, sales, market entry strategy development, account management and interpretation.
This position is the ideal opportunity for someone interested in working with (1) foreign governments’ economic development offices in the areas of trade and investment, and (2) Chinese hi-tech companies expanding globally.
As a Beijing-based role, this position is ideal for a Chinese national who has lived, studied and worked in an English-speaking country at university level, but has returned to China to leverage skills learned abroad. We also welcome applications from foreign candidates who are currently residing in China and are fluent in spoken & written Chinese.
• Conducting ‘hands-on’ business development and government work on behalf of foreign governments in China
• Identifying, contacting, meeting, and communication client’s value proposition to Chinese target investors, partners and customers
• Managing the whole sales process from initial lead generation to negotiation, closing deals, and account management
• Managing marketing activities on behalf of government clients in China, including webinars, trade show representation and networking events
• Arranging and supporting visits from government and business delegations in China
• Interpreting and acting as a liaison between foreign governments and prospective Chinese investors
• Reporting to clients via regular meeting notes and reports in English
• Other related business development and administrative tasks
• Fluent spoken and written Chinese & English – an absolute must!
• Experience in government/EDO, sales, business development, strategy consultancy or technology
• Substantial work experience in (or closely with) China
• Thorough understanding of the Chinese business environment and an interest in China
• Strong oral and written presentation skills
Candidates with the following experience will be given preference:
• Experience in government representation/EDO/government services
• Experience working in technology, including but not limited to medtech, fintech, biotech
• Experience in business development
• A degree in government, science, engineering or business
• Please send CV and cover letter to Ms. Zhao Le at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please note that applications without a bespoke cover letter will not be considered
Intralink is a dynamic, international business development consultancy with a deep specialism in East Asia. We enable Western companies and governments to expand in China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan – fast, easily and cost-effectively. We have a 30-year track record and 85 employees in Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, London, Oxford, Boston and Silicon Valley.
In Greater China, we’re a friendly, ambitious team of 20 and growing. We’re privileged to work with an inspiring range of US and European clients — from governments to tech start-ups and multinationals – as well as some of the biggest companies in Asia.